Chapter 22:: Belong

Author's POV: 

You immediately peeked outside to see a few men standing there along with Taehyung and Jo. The men took Joel and put him in a car trunk, immediately driving away. Taehyung ran towards the car you were behind along with Jo.
"We have to go. Get in, quick." Taehyung spoke. He sounded like he was in a hurry. Well, everyone was. The police were here. You immediately got in the car with his help as he sat beside you, Jo was driving. 

You could see Taehyung's tense expression. He cocked his gun before peeking out of the window, shooting the police car which was chasing you all. You gulped and stared at everyone, flinching with every gunshot. What was happening?
"Jo! Move to the forest, immediately!" Taehyung ordered as Jo nodded. The speed of the car was illegal right now. If they got caught, they'd get their punishments increased. You noticed Taehyung's arm as your eyes widened. 

His arm was bleeding and a part of his shirt was torn. Maybe his arm was grazed by a bullet. It must've hurt. 

You gulped, staring at it. You saw him glance at you before looking outside again as he shot a few times. The car was soon in the forest until it entered a cave where the police no longer followed. Maybe they lost track. After all, the panicked driver made you hold the front seat for support.

You gulped as soon as the car stopped. The cave had a huge door inside making you frown. Was this some secret base? Couldn't be! Never... 

—And it was. A secret base. 

You all were sitting inside the beautiful and modern base. Underground yet so expensive. Rich mafia stuff, you'd guess.

You looked down, staring at your bruised wrists. Why was it always your wrists? 

"We're safe for now. We have to leave this base within the next 24 hours. The police will search somewhere else. Probably in Joel's hotel soon." Jo spoke, pouring some hot water into the cups on the counter. You looked at the cups of hot water and saw him adding 3 coffee packets to them. 
"Coffee?" He asked you as you nodded, looking down. 
"Sir?" He asked again. You looked in the direction of Taehyung to see his bare back facing you. You gulped. He was so bulky and big. His muscles were intact.

But as soon as your eyes fell on his arm which he was dressing, you felt bad. Of course, Joel was hurt worse than him but you didn't even pity Joel a bit. He deserved it anyway. But Taehyung sort of didn't. 
"Why am I thinking like this? Weird." You gulped and tried shrugging off your thoughts. Maybe the fact he saved you a while ago was good. Though it was probably for his own good, he still got a shot trying to save your ass.

You took the coffee cup from Jo and went towards Taehyung, putting the cup on the table beside him. He looked at it before looking at you. You shuddered a little. You were about to get killed very soon. 
You turned around abruptly, ready to leave but his deep voice stopped you, "Stop."

"Sit here." He said sternly. He was mad. 

After sneaking out and putting yourself in trouble along with him, he had the very right to be mad. But again, he was just a kidnapper so. 

You sat on the chair across from him, trying to put on a normal face which said, 'Everything is okay,' though nothing was actually okay.
He quietly took the ice packet near him and said, "Press it on your wrists for 15-20 minutes." 
You didn't talk, just stared at him. You didn't know what to say. 
"Umm... I'm fine." You said. He raised a brow, staring at your wrists before saying, "That's why you mocked me for 3 days for a swollen wrist way better than this?" 

"Why are you bringing that up?!" You asked, frowning. He just stared at you with his cold eyes as you gulped, taking the ice pack. You put it on your left wrist first and immediately hissed. 
"So okay, I see it." He mocked. He stared at your foot and sighed, shaking his head.
"Don't mock me. I'm hurt." You said, frowning. 
"You don't even have the guts to glare at me right now. You know well you don't get to talk right now."