Chapter 11:: Harsh

Author's POV:

"The latter one sounds more logical." You said and rolled your eyes. He smirked harder and looked at his drink, sipping another one and making your eyebrows cease together. 
"Stop." You said. He didn't bother and kept the drink down. 

"So, Taehyung..." Tom spoke as he raised a brow at him.
"Did you work on the plan? You were supposed to kidnap his daughter... weren't you? Did Lee Taereul say anything yet?" Tom asked. You frowned a little but pretended not to hear them. Taehyung looked at him before looking at you. It took him no second to understand you were actually listening to them. Your lips quivering, your throat swallowing lumps and your ears turning red. 

He shook his head at Tom who frowned.
"Let's talk about this later." You looked at Taehyung with a half-glare and half-frown. He glanced at you and was about to take his liquor glass but stopped midway, focusing on Tom again. You didn't say anything, you just stared at him. 
"You have nothing to do with that. Don't be intrigued." He said. You rolled your eyes and said, "What do you mean?"
He stared right into your eyes before looking away even before you could notice him properly. You just looked away, an uneasy feeling building up inside of you. 

—Time skip 

"Let's go dance for a while. The business meeting is almost over." Tom spoke. All these 30 minutes, they were talking about random gold mines and weird stuff like— money and girls and murder. 
You weren't even interested but their stories creeped you out. And every time you looked at Taehyung in disgust and disbelief he said, "It's them, not me. Don't give me that look." 
He didn't even discuss much with them, he only talked to Tom a few times and he especially ignored the guy named Joel as if he had some serious internal hatred going on with him.

Sort of what you did with him, but in a more mature way, of course.

You suddenly heard Dua Lipa's 'One Kiss' playing. You couldn't help but dance your feet to it. Taehyung noticed and looked at you before looking away. You didn't realize it and kept jamming to that song with yourself. 
"Let's go, get a dance." Taehyung said as Tom said, "Exactly!" 

Soon, you all were in the corner of the bar. You saw how everyone else was dancing. You wanted to dance too, but it was kind of uncomfortable. If you could get drunk and just recklessly dance the night away like them, forgetting you were kidnapped by a mafia for a week now. You sighed, it came out weak and sadder than what you would've expected. 
Taehyung was a few feet away from you, talking to Tom. They seemed to be in a serious discussion.

"Lee Taereul... what does he have to do with uncle?" You frowned. You were so curious but you had no idea about it. Sighing, you stood there, tapping your feet. But suddenly, you felt a figure standing in front of you. You looked up to see Joel, with a mischievous smile. Oh, you disliked him already. He was eyeing you the entire time you sat beside Taehyung and he indeed gave you 'bad' vibes. 

"Seems like you're alone. Wanna dance maybe?" He asked. His smile wasn't quite friendly. You stared at him as he waited for a moment before taking a step closer.
"You're like... really gorgeous." He was about to keep his hand on your shoulder when you saw his hand being pushed away. 
"She's gorgeous and she's mine." A deep voice spoke making your stomach turn around. 

You turned your head to see Taehyung standing there. He looked at Joel with an icy look. It was even scarier than the one he often gave you. You could feel your legs weakening in fear just by that look. He scooted you towards him, putting his hand around your shoulder. 
Just as his hands made contact with your bare skin, you felt an electric shock on your skin. Your entire body was electrified. Shit— what was that?
"And the only person she'd like to dance with is me," Taehyung said. 
You looked at him, more like— stared at him with wide eyes and parted lips. He seemed so intimidating at that moment.