Chapter 23:: Sorry

Author's POV:

"Are you mad?" You asked Jo who shook his head, sighing. You saw his bandaged hand and said, "I really wasn't going to get out. I was just... hungry." 
"It's fine. You probably didn't know that the plan would change."
He said. 
"I'm... I... I apologize." You said. He looked at you pretty surprised. Of course, he'd be. You were the last one to surrender. You were also surprised at yourself but after almost dying and being saved by them, you felt the need to be at least grateful for something. 

"It's fine, honestly. Joel was the bad guy. I'm surprised you didn't run away. I was kind of dumb to leave you on your own. When I told Mr Kim, maybe he was sure you ran away. But we both were surprised seeing you didn't." 

His words felt sincere. You felt guilty now. But, they also expected you to run away when they realized. No one trusted one another in here. It was normal for you to run away though. Wasn't it?
"We really couldn't trust you... but maybe this fight with Joel made some trust bond among all of us. We'll need some trust to survive random attacks like this." 
"More attacks?"
You asked.

"No knowledge for sure but... being with the mafia is kind of risky. Joel also had his eyes on you. Maybe, you were put in danger without us realizing it. Mr Kim wanted to bring you to NYC to accomplish some missions where your presence was needed but Joel was worse than what we thought. You would've been safe in the mansion if this didn't happen."
"I'm alive... that matters."
You said. He nodded and said, "We're leaving in a while. You should rest for a while. I hope you're not too shocked." 
You nodded and said, "I'm sorry... for fooling you before."

You walked out of there as Jo smiled a little.
"Progress matters." He mumbled.

—Next day

You were sitting in your bedroom when you heard a knock. 
"Yes?" You asked. You saw Taehyung entering. Did he know how to knock? Wow. 
"What?" You asked again as he said, "Come out for dinner."
"You're calling me...?" 
"Jo is out of the house and the maids are on leave." 
"Why?!"
"They're on vacation."

"Am I going to do the dishes?"
"I will."
"Who'll cook?!"
"I will."
"You can cook?"

He looked at you with a look which clearly screamed, 'Shut up'. You pressed your lips and went out of the room, sitting on the dining table as he went into the kitchen.
"What are you cooking?" You asked but got no response. Frowning, you got up and went towards the kitchen with that foot of yours. You dressed it again today while getting mocked by Taehyung. Though it was paining a little, you couldn't bear eating grass. Who knew how much torture he'd do to you?

You stood behind him who was cutting vegetables. You peeked and frowned saying, "Grass again?"
"Vegetable soup."
"No!" "Yes." 

Your lips formed an angry pout as you glared at his back. 
"With chicken steak." 
You gasped as he walked away, washing the vegetables. You realised you were in the same kitchen as him. It was different. Ever since you came back from New York, it was different. You both bickered a lot, it kind of stopped during the stay In New York and being home again, he seemed to have his guard down with you. Well, the intense tension between you both was always there but it somehow increased in New York. Was it because of the acts of being a couple? Who knew?

You gulped and shook away your thoughts, walking towards the dining table. He glanced at you once before focusing back on his job.
"Don't add poison." You warned him. You could've sworn he would say something bad but you didn't hear a thing. You tried peeking inside the kitchen to see him shaking his head. You could've sworn you saw his lips twitching but you only saw his side profile walking from one counter to another in 5 seconds.