Chapter 35:: Fall

Author's POV: 

"Because this was our fate," Taehyung spoke.
"Was there no way to change it?" You asked. Jo looked down, you could sense the moment becoming sad. 
"I mean... you both are working for a good cause but mafias don't do good things." You said. Taehyung just looked down and said, "Our occupation doesn't define who we are." 
You nodded. The bottle spun again. Like this, it kept spinning and questions kept being asked while silly dares were given.

Like the one where you asked Jo to scream something he always wanted to say, on the balcony. He straight up went there and screamed, 'F*CK ALL THE BAD MEN OUT THERE! GOD, I'M A GOOD ONE I SWEAR!' 

Somehow, you felt sympathetic for him. You sighed and said, "You are a good one, I believe."
"Thanks."
He said, smiling drunkenly. You chuckled drunkenly and looked at Taehyung who was sitting there quietly. 
"Hey... can I ask you something?" You asked as he looked at you, a frown appearing on his face. 
"Why are you so quiet? Why do you never talk?" Your voice came out a little clumsy but he could understand what you said. 

"What?" He asked. You shrugged and rested your head on the head of the couch. He looked down as Jo said, "I'm also curious... t-though I know a little!" 
"You know?"
You asked Jo who nodded drunkenly before closing his eyes.
"Stop acting stupid." He said to Jo. Looking at you, he sighed and shook his head.
"You are the stupid one, what can I even say to you?" He asked. You chuckled and shook your head saying, "Answer me?" 

"That's how I am." He answered shortly. You frowned and shifted closer to him. Jo was falling asleep by now. Taehyung looked at you, frowning a little.
"But... my dad once said that... 'No one is born bad. They are made worse.' And... come to think of it, you probably were a nice kid someday too, right?" 
"You're drunk-talking."
He said with his jaw tightening. You stared at him, sighing.
"I hate you but you look sad." You whispered. You saw his face softening as he dipped his head, staring at you. 

"I am not a happy person, Y/N." He said. You looked down and said, "But when you smiled today... you looked happy. Maybe, you can be a happy person... if you want." 
You were drunk but you also knew what you were holding. You had the idea of how deep your words were. You smiled and let your head fall—which was raised—fall over the couch. Taehyung, who was a few inches away from you, stared at you with a soft expression. 

"It's really... changing. I never hated you but now I really might... hate the way you make me feel." He spoke, looking down. His hands made their way to your hair strands falling in front of your face as he slowly tucked them behind your ear and whispered, "Please be gone soon..." 
He wanted to go away as soon as 1.5 months ended. He wanted you to be away, he wanted to disappear from your life. 

"Or I might... fall in love with you again...like I did that year." He whispered, looking down. He thought he was unheard but you heard him in your half-sleepy state. 

—Next day

You were sitting on the couch, staring outside the window. It was a beautiful sunny day. But your mind was in a catastrophe. You were fine the morning but after having the hangover medicine, you started remembering all the events from last night—including the last one. The one where he said, 'Or I might... fall in love with you again...like I did that year.' 

"What did he even mean?" You asked yourself, gulping. You had no idea about this. You were dumbfounded and scared, nervous, confused, irritated, and weirded out. Everything that could exist in the vocabulary. This was a huge shock to you. Did he know you? Fell in love with you? What type of bullshit was that?