Chapter 18:: Cold

Author's POV: 

"Woah... these all people look so scary." You said, staring at the portraits in front of you. Well, for the first time during your 3 month stay in this mansion, you randomly ended up in a beautiful and luxurious room with bookshelves and a table. The walls of the room were covered in portraits of people. 

"This must be from the 1800s..." You said and stared at it as a frown appeared on your face seeing the date—15.09.1850

"That's such a long time ago, oh my god." You gasped as you continued checking out more portraits. Portraits from the 1800s, 1900s, and 2000s. 
They all looked similar, handsome, manly... and evil. 
"Must be some generation portrait hmm..." You said to yourself. 

You noticed a familiar face as a small frown appeared on your face. He looked so much like someone you knew—your kidnapper, Kim Taehyung. 
"Oh... I knew it." You said and scoffed. Every picture was probably one of his antecedents. 

You were looking around when a deep voice echoed in the room making your muscles jump. 

"Sneaking in?" Cold and deep. Gosh, he was here again.

You turned around with wide eyes and a huge frown plastered on your face as the 6 feet tall figure walked towards you, running his hand through his raven hair once before he tucked them in his pocket. 
His head tilted, a brow arched as he stared at you whose frown did not disappear. 
"Sneaking in? Why would I need to? I just came here randomly, exploring." You emphasized the last word as you saw a muscle in his jaw jumping. He looked at the portraits behind you and said, "There are no secret tunnels in the rooms for you to escape." 
"You wouldn't know if there were any."
You said. A slight frown appeared on his face. 

"This huge-ass house might have 500 secret rooms you have no idea about. You stay at home 2 hours a day, how would you possibly know?" You spoke, scoffing. For a moment, you looked at him muttering something. Something like 'home', just for a second until he looked at his wristwatch and said, "I've been in this house for 3 hours 5 minutes and 29 seconds now."

You just stared at him, your lips pressed. He looked at the blue in your eyes before looking at his watch again.
"You're really annoying." You said in an irritated tone before turning around. He nodded and said, "Get out of this room before 9 pm. If the doors are locked by the maids, you have to be stuck until 10 am tomorrow." 
"What?" You asked in disbelief as his figure which was leaving the room stopped for a second. You heard his deep voice again, "Exactly what you heard." 

And he left. You tilted your head, staring outside the room.
"Why did he come inside? Without any reason? That was definitely to annoy me!" You rolled your eyes and glared at the table near you.

2 months and 9 days. That was the time left until you went back home. 

After coming to Seoul a few days ago, Taehyung and you clashed a lot. You didn't just glare at him but you bickered with him. The intense grudge, and hate somehow faded. You decided to not be so hateful towards them. Jo also explained to you every day why hating them wouldn't be nice for you either. He explained that they were open for you, to protect you, not harm you. 

You had millions of questions and doubts. Why were you kidnapped? If they were protecting you, then why kidnap you? Why make you do weird stuff you had no idea about? 

And most importantly, how did a mafia, like Taehyung know your uncle, Tzuyu's father? How was he involved with them? Everything was a question, something you had no idea about. The only thing you managed to get after overhearing secretly in parties and that lounge, and sometimes... in the house was that this all revolved around a gold mine.