Chapter 10:: Something

Author's POV: 

You looked yourself in the mirror. A soft sigh escaped your lips. 
"Is it really okay to wear this when I'm going with that douche?" You asked yourself, staring at your curves. The dress hugged your curves perfectly. Not only did the burgundy satin compliment your honey skin but it also made your body look more— detailed. 

You really liked how you looked but you were wondering if it was fine to wear that with him. He was a gangster, how could you even trust him? 

Well, after sleeping on the bed beside his— like a dead person for an entire night and spending so much of time with him, you still weren't sure if you could trust him.

Suddenly, you heard the door of the room open. It was him— a hundred percent sure. 

But you heard nothing other than the footsteps stopping. Looking down awkwardly for a few moments, you turned around to see him standing there, quietly. Your azure blue eyes stared into his black eyes from a distance. His lips parted slightly as he just stared at you, probably trying to say something. 
You felt a little— strange. His stare at you was strange. His parted lips were strange. The way his lips quivered was strange. And the strangest thing was the emotion in his eyes. Not icy or cold, not mischievous or evil. But rather— something else. Something you couldn't explain but it made your stomach churn. 

You hated this moment, with all your guts. This quiet chill moment while both of your eyes are holding each other from a distance, no hate or disgust. No challenge or stubbornness. Just a neutral, quiet yet awkward moment. 

You hated this. 

You looked away, rolling your eyes at the sight of him. You didn't purely want to do this but you did. You had to. He had to see that eye roll and feel something, guilt to be exact. 

"You're ready?" He asked, looking at his watch. He looked a little absent-minded. Like he was processing something but not as if you cared about how he looked. Maybe you noticed, but no— not care. Not the point. 
"Yes." You said, dryly. He nodded and said, "It's 7 pm right now. We'll leave 15 minutes later." 
"Okay." Your voice sounded bratty. Very bratty. He just stared at you for a moment with an arched brow before looking down, sighing. 

He was probably used to your bratty behaviour now. You sort of felt bad. You didn't want to make that impression about yourself to someone else but whatever— he deserved it. That's the only thing you could convince yourself. If anything, he deserved the worst side of you. He was a literal mafia, a gangster, someone who kidnapped you. More likely— your best friend. But you ruined that plan or it would've been your best friend, Tzuyu who would be in this mess, not a very unpleasant yet a VERY unpleasant mess.

—Midtown, New York City

You stood there, staring at the place. Taehyung just looked at you asking, "Any problem?" 
"If there's any problem then it's you but no."
You said. He just let out a snort, he couldn't hold it.
"Don't make it obvious that you're forced here, sweetheart." He said, smirking slightly. 
"What's that to you?" You asked, glaring at him.
"It's nothing to me, it's all for you." 

Before you could start another argument, he walked forward making you follow him with a glare. He could feel your glare at his back but shrugged it off. As if your glare even moved a single body hair of his.

You saw how so many people were dancing here and there, old men, middle-aged men. Foreigners everywhere. Many looked like they were New York natives but others looked Japanese, Chinese, Thai and maybe a few occasional Koreans too. You were a little perplexed. It looked like a global party that they had arranged.