Chapter 25:: Mystery

Author's POV:

Forgiveness. 

You were currently working on this. Taehyung, as he said, actually gave you a phone. Your phone. He returned it. Though it took him 5 days to do so and lots of stuff happened in between...

And one of them was Joel's escaping. Yeah, that evil dude... escaped. 

The words of Jo were still vivid in your mind as you remembered how panicked and tense the entire mansion was when he escaped. 

—Flashback

"I swear he was tied and there were 32 guards outside! I can't understand how he escaped! I'm sure he's related to some cult and knows how to do magic! He literally vanished in thin air!" 
"I'm sure someone deceived us. Someone from our men deceived us." 
"But sir, what if it's magic?!"
Jo asked, panicking.

"Who fed you those weird lies?!"
"Miss Y/N said it was possibl-"
"I did not!"
You immediately protested. Taehyung narrowed his eyes at you and then Jo.
"I only said that it was magic that he escaped. I said it out of surprise. I wasn't being literal?!" 

Taehyung sighed and shook his head as Jo said, "Why are you even here? This is a mafia talk!"
"You're screaming in the entire house... might even let the passers-by know,"
Taehyung spoke as you nodded. Jo sighed and massaged his forehead in frustration.
"We were supposed to kill him today. We have already got all the property back... but he escaped!"
"At least you all did something."

"Him escaping means... Miss Y/N's in danger too." Jo's statement made you stare at them a little shocked. Right, you were one of his targets. Ever since your first encounter, he always targetted you. 
You held your wrists lightly and looked down, feeling uncomfortable. 
"She's safe. I'm going to protect her." Taehyung said as you looked up at him. He sounded legit. But you still felt a little scared. The way he talked about you, threatened you and touched you the last time.

You remember showering so hard that your waists became almost red due to scrubbing so hard.

"You're safe," Taehyung spoke near your ear as you gulped, looking away. He sighed and said, "We have sent men to search for him. Any clue and we'll catch him."  

—End of Flashback 

Right now, you were using a meditating app which you recently installed on your phone. You weren't allowed to make calls, of course. He somehow made your contacts disappear. He basically stole your SIM card but anyway, you couldn't even say a thing.

At least you got your phone.

You couldn't even trust yourself these days. The stubborn you, the one who never agreed to adjust in any unfamiliar or unwanted situation and always rebelled were now trying to adjust. 21 days was enough to change habits, they said. And it had been 34 days that you were here. Maybe somehow, you learnt a new habit—adjusting. 

You looked down and sighed, trying to shrug off those thoughts. At least you could cherish your pictures with Tzuyu and other memories on your phone. At least he gave you the phone. It was a good thing he did. You were now feeling a little better in here. Not that worse than before. Every day, the feeling improved, it became better. Because he finally started being better, he wasn't all cold.

He was... but not as worse as before. 

It was as if he was waiting for you to accept them first. And after you accepted them, after you opened a piece of mind for the goodness which existed in them, you realized it was getting better. Not like you were actually going to be on good terms with your kidnapper. But wherever it was going—not your concern for now.