Chapter 9:: Deserved

Author's POV: 

"This?" You asked, eyeing the dress the staff showed. You shook your head.
"Too revealing.."
"Too... short?"
"This is see-through."
"Is there anything modest?"

Taehyung, who sat there just stared at you, played with his fingers. He was kind of— amused. Your choice in the outfit was modest and pastel, colourful. He sort of expected it from your personality but you seemed— a little different than what he had thought.

You took a few dresses and looked at him who said, "Get a gown as well, an evening gown."
"You're paying?"
You asked. He nodded with an obvious shrug. You smirked internally and said, "Then... I'd like everything from here to here." 
"All of those?"
The staff asked as you nodded. 
"Thanks, kidnapper." You said, scoffing at Taehyung who got up from his seat, standing beside you.

He stared at you in disbelief but smirked saying, "You're welcome, sweetheart."
A frown made its way on your face as you scoffed, shrugging it off. He was playing along, knowing well what you were planning. He saw the room service receipt and he knew, you were trying all ways to make him suffer.
"Ma'am, should we show you the evening gown?" You nodded, glancing at Taehyung who looked normal. 

He should've been pissed and should've asked you not to go anywhere with him. Why wasn't he bothered? Now— that bothered you. 

"How about this?" The staff asked, showing a green one. Before you could answer, Taehyung spoke, "No." What a deep voice he has— Anyway, no, that's not the point.
You just stared at the staff saying, "Nothing too revealing for that."
"Who are you to decide?" You asked, frowning. He just sighed and shook his head.
"I'll take this one." You said, holding a burgundy gown. It was satin and off-shoulder with a thigh slit. Yeah— you chose that. 

"You shouldn't buy that." He said, pressing his lips. 
"I like to do the opposite of what you tell me." You said showing him a tight fake smile before saying, "I want this."
God— you had the nerves. He just raised his brows saying, "If you like being stubborn, then you must like the rewards for it as well." 
"Pack them all."
He said and walked out. You frowned and looked at the gown.
"Hah... it's probably going to be an evening party, who cares?" You scoffed and walked out, behind him who seemed pretty blank. 

You looked at the receipt in his hand and slightly peeked there just to gasp loudly catching everyone's attention. $3490 of shopping. Yeah, you did that. You looked at him before looking at the receipt, pretending like you were okay. You expected the bill to be $200 dollars but it went over a thousand dollars. Your heart was hurting right now. Not for him, for the holy economy of your entire life. You never shopped that much in your life regardless of how much money you had. 

And you broke that record— with your kidnapper's money. 

"Umm. Oh, it's expensive." You said, trying to sound cool. Taehyung smirked a little and said, "I believe my wallet's the one suffering right now but you seem like the one in pain." 
"W-What? Of course not! Hah... I would've bought more. I just spared you." You said and looked away. You were feeling bad right now. No, not for him— anything but him. You were feeling bad for something but not him. Yeah— that's the best way to put it.

"Deserved for kidnapping me." You said scoffing. But the lump in your throat didn't die. 
"Kidnapping you and spending over a thousand dollars for your shopping, yeah... deserved." He said, raising his brows. You could see the fed-up look on his face. You felt satisfied somewhere, he was in pain actually. 
Who cared if he was rich? He still suffered to pay, didn't h— 
"Here." He handed his credit card as you gulped. He was actually paying. You frowned. 
Shouldn't he exclude a few dresses or at least ask? He definitely knew you bought like 10 dresses without even knowing how they looked.