Chapter 13:: Nothing

Author's POV: 

You saw the steak in front of you. Currently, you, Taehyung, Jo and Azure were in a restaurant eating steak while Azure ate her premium cat food. 
You didn't argue with him at all. Neither did he talk to you much. 
It was awkward. It was 9 pm right now and that incident from 2 pm made everything awkward, weirdly.

You couldn't read the look in his eyes. That look of hatred, emptiness and venom. The exact venom from that day. As much as his look changed from time to time, they always had this hatred for you, in such a way, you couldn't explain.

Jo sensed the atmosphere and said, "Umm... I heard we have a meeting tomorrow, sir."
"We do,"
Taehyung said, unbothered. You glanced at them before looking over at Azure, who was eating. This entire thing with him was so different. You both never really talked, just argued and insulted each other, yet this tension felt different. As if you were attached for the past 2 days. Maybe the hatred attached you both in a constant string of insults and mockery now that this quietness was feeling strange. But whatever — not the point.

2 days is enough to fall in love. And so is 2 days enough to hate someone to death to the point that being quiet about it becomes awkward.

"Umm, we have another party. This one's not like the bar one but an evening ball. Is Miss Y/N going?" Jo asked, trying to make the moment lively. You looked at Taehyung who said, "Yes. She is."
"What evening ball?"
You asked, you had no idea about whatever evening event and he straight up went like — 'Yes, she is?' For real? 

"It's an event by a businessman. No mafia business involved this time." He said, eating. You nodded and said, "But you never asked for my permission." 
"I don't need to. It's not your choice to decide."
"B*stard."
You whispered, scoffing. He glanced at you and looked at his food saying, "You can wear the same red gown again and if not, we can go shopping again."
"I'll stick with that gown. And it's burgundy, not red."
"As if it matters."
Taehyung sighed and continued eating.

You glared at him before focusing back on your food. This was a typical conversation between you both. And it still felt better than ignoring him. Maybe you had gotten too used to insulting him and hating him that silence was starting to feel different. You couldn't wait for the time he'd just be gone out of your sight, in 2 months and 18 days. 

You couldn't believe he had topped your blacklist in a way no one could ever top it ever again. 

—After dinner

You sighed and lay on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Your room was now finally separate. Jo and Taehyung shared a room now, Jo was in your place. Another room was empty so you shifted there and took Azure with you.

Azure was sleeping on the small bed arranged just for her. You glanced at her before looking around the room in the dark. It was quiet now. God, how did you even sleep in the past 2 days? Must've been torture... 

—2 days later 

2 days passed by... weirdly. You and Taehyung never got along. You could never, that question didn't even exist actually. You always insulted him with every chance you got and Taehyung retorted as well. These 2 days, he seemed more responsive than on other days when he just ignored you. Well, he was also annoyed by the insults, wasn't he?

Jo and Azure just watched the drama. You spent your days with Azure mostly. In the middle, going out to eat with them and maybe walking around the park with Jo and Azure while Taehyung was doing his mafia business... how nice and peaceful! 

Right now, you were in front of the dresser in the room, applying lipstick. He did buy you makeup— yeah he did. You were still confused at times. Did the kidnapped get treated that well? Luxurious food, dresses, VIP suite and what not? Yet you hated him. He was using you for his gains so of course— you deserved to be treated well. And he deserved the hate too.