Chapter 39:: Wrong ones

Author's POV: 

"You'll kill me?! Nice joke." Joel laughed out loud as you pressed the gun deeper into his stomach making him hiss.
"You can't. You'll never be able to." He spoke, smirking. You glared at him as he grabbed your wrists, twisting them and making you scream in pain. God, that hurt.

"Don't tell me you'd be the idiot who kills someone for her lover? That's cheesy!" He said, scoffing. You winced in pain as tears left your eyes. He left your wrist and said, "You know, what? My mind's changed. I should just kill you. What could your uncle possibly do to me? He'd just shrug it off like he did while killing your father." 
Your head shot up as soon as those words left Joel's mouth. He smirked and said, "Killing your father was a piece of cake for them... killing you is nothing. For a father, who's holding a gun next to his son's head, Kim is surely not a human." 

You looked beside you to hear gunshots. Taehyung was there, you wanted to go to him, to see him. You wanted to make sure they were safe. But here, you were the one unsafe. 
"You're pitiful." You let out a breathless sentence, tears leaving your eyes. He frowned, glaring at you.
"You're trying to break me but... it's you who's pitiful. Like him..." You pointed in the direction of Kim who was shooting someone mercilessly. It was probably a man from Taehyung's team. 
"He might've gotten lots of money but... he failed. He failed as a human, you aren't calling him a human when you work for him. He failed as an uncle, as a father... he's a failure. And that's what's pitiful." 
"Power can rest within anyone's hands but... love and respect are not given to just anyone. You have to earn it. Like his son did." You smiled a little, looking at them. You couldn't see a clear view of the fight. But still, the left side could be seen from the alley.

"And you trying to assault me here is also pitiful. Because there's no way you'd gain any respect from that. This is why he was the favourite. Because... he was the one who knew how to earn it. Maybe he didn't want it or maybe his power was different but he knew how to earn the respect and love he deserved which you didn't. That's why, even right now, I can't help saying that I respect him. I respect him for being a human despite being surrounded by such animals like you all. And I love him even more for fighting for what's right, despite you all being the total opposite." You said. Joel stared at you, his eyes turning darker.
"You bring death upon yourself." He said, his hands raising in the air making your eyes widen. But before he could hit you, you kicked him in the balls, making him groan as he backed away.

You quickly picked up the gun from the floor and pointed it at him. Your hands were shaking. You tried backing away but he cautiously took out his pocket knife. And before you knew it, your scream echoed around the area. 
He threw it in the air and it hit your forehead. But thankfully, it fell, brushing your forehead. The blood was dripping down your face as you were shaking. He was about to get you but before he could, you saw him being thrown over. 

"Y/N! Are you okay?!" Jo asked, running towards you. You groaned, crouching down. 
"Shit!" Jo almost shouted, holding your arms, taking a look at your face.
"Your face... shit." He looked almost like he was about to cry. Were you looking that horrible? A knife being brushed roughly against your forehead would hurt like hell and might've looked 1000 times worse. But who knew? 

You were scared. You were crying. The blood was in your eyes. 
"You... God." He sighed, hugging you tightly. You were crying loudly. You heard a loud gunshot and flinched. Jo had shot someone. It had to be Joel. 
"You have to be safe, oh no! Hey, Mr Kim is still fighting your uncle and his father. God... the police are not coming yet." 

"Go fight.." You said. He nodded and said, "Thank god I noticed you. He'd be ripped into pieces if Mr Kim saw this. He's shot in the arm... I'll have to go."
"Him?"
You asked. Jo nodded and said, "This isn't going easy. We were supposed to flee to Korea and then expose the evidence. Maybe... we have a change of plans." 
You were feeling almost dizzy due to all the pain in your forehead. Jo helped you lean against the car and dragged Joel who was shot, out of there. Joel would get seriously injured now. You knew it. And he deserved it.