Chapter 38:: Kill

Author's POV: 

Almost 15 minutes passed by and you saw the men becoming frustrated. They were searching here and there but found nothing. Thankfully, you came up with an excuse and told them that the mafias in the house had a fight and that's how it broke. They believed it and nodded. But you saw Kim giving you suspicious looks. 

"I don't think we should trust her." Kim whispered to Lee who asked, "What? She's like my daughter. I know her. She is innocent in this." 
"But... she seems too calm for this. She isn't even begging to get out."
"She's smart, she doesn't freak out easily,"
Lee said. Kim rolled his eyes and nodded saying, "Whatever."

You sat there, holding Azure. 
"We need to do something. Did you track their location?!" Your uncle asked as Joel said, "Wait... it's processing. Gosh!" 
"Done! Yes! It's done! They're somewhere near. Hey, I found the location. Gold mine."
Your eyes widened as soon as Joel said those words. He was hacking their location through the laptop. What the f*ck? 

You nervously fiddled with your fingers. You saw your uncle getting his gun ready and your heart froze. They weren't just simply going to get the files. They were planning a murder. Shit, Taehyung probably had no idea about this.

You saw their men bulk up and gulped. Joel put a pocket knife in his pocket and winked at you seeing your terrified face. 
"Only if I knew you were a hostage... god, it's weird I thought you were his lover. It's funny how he brought you to New York to click fake pictures of how tortured you are and go to dirty places with him. But, I see what's going on beneath those acts." Joel smirked as you looked away. 
"You could've told me, you know... I would've saved you from him." He said, walking closer to you. You turned your face away. A part of you was cautious that the phone was probably still on the line and Taehyung was hearing everything.

"Well, once we're done killing him, I'll see if I can do something with you."
"Go away."
You muttered, disgusted by him. The way he always stared at you made you angry. He was so disgusting and you hated him, more than you could ever hate Taehyung. Your hate for Taehyung was different. You wondered how you hated Taehyung, in what way—that it was so different—so close to you. 

He sighed and patted your head, walking away. You brushed your hand on your hair in an attempt to get rid of that filthy feeling his touch brought you. 
"Where are they?" You asked yourself, your voice becoming wobbly.
"Let's go to the gold mine, now. Funny how it wasn't even a real gold mine. That damn Choi tricked us." Kim spoke as the men were going out. You stared at him. He just cursed your father like that. Lee looked at you, panic rushing over his face.
"Let's go, Y/N." You got up. 

"What about her?" You asked, looking at Azure.
"It's their cat, who cares if it dies?" Your uncle's words brought more hurt to you. You shook your head and said, "Will there be a fight?" 
"Yes." 

"I'll keep her in my bedroom." You said. 
"We'll get out of there safely." Your remark made him nod.
"Yeah, they'll be the ones losing."

You took Azure and walked inside your bedroom, mumbling, "No... we will get out. You will lose." 
"Azure, there's the food, okay? Just pee on my bed if you want, I don't care. Be safe here, okay? I need to go... with them." You said.
"I promise we'll be back. We all, okay? Not them... but us. You, me, Taehyung and Jo." 

You were finding yourself strange. The way you were embracing those guys. It was as if you all were a team and your uncle was your enemy—which was true. You confirmed it the moment Kim cursed your father. It all made sense. You were hurt but more than that, there was anger in you. You knew that whatever would happen—they all deserved it. And you'd fight against your uncle if necessary. 
"I'm sorry Tzuyu but... my father was also hurt in this, and so was my mother." You said and got down, leaving Azure in your bedroom safely.