Chapter 41:: I love you

Author's POV: 

A week had passed by. You all were in Korea now.

"Azure, this is yummy, trust me!" You said to Azure who meowed aggressively at you. You were trying to feed her your special oatmeal but she was not interested in this. And it was a hell of a ride. 
"I wonder if she'd like it, honestly." Jo chuckled as you sighed. 
"Look, this is good. Wanna try?" You asked Jo who smiled awkwardly saying, "Well..." 
"Fine, whatever."
You rolled your eyes, plopping on the couch. 

"Is he still sleeping?" You asked, referring to Taehyung as Jo nodded. Jo had recovered a little from the wounds but Taehyung was still a little weak. He was shot by 2 bullets so.
"He asked me to make sure your last days here are comfortable. It's over now. We've also prepared everything for you to return." You nodded at Jo's statement and looked over at Azure. 
"Will you all still be mafias?" You asked. Jo scratched his neck and said, "We aren't exactly the bad mafias... we're somewhat good. We can also be called secret agents disguised as mafias."
"Right... you work with the police."
You smiled a little. 

"I cursed you all so much in those 1.5 months. Sometimes, I wonder how you didn't boast about working with the police." You said, chuckling. Jo just smiled and said, "We had kidnapped you either way which was a wrong act. So..."
"Well... we probably won't be meeting again once I depart, right?"
"Yeah..."
Jo's voice sounded sad. And you could feel it too. You all probably had quite some fun in those months with all the hatred and the progress. 

"I'm sorry for biting your hand. The first day I came here." You let out all your thoughts, everything you thought you wouldn't be able to say later. 
Hearing a chuckle, you frowned. Jo just smiled and said, "Honestly, I'd never seen a more bullheaded woman... ever."
"I swear."
You whispered, rolling your eyes playfully. He sat down and said, "Well, all this was fun, honestly. But, I've seen Mr Kim look very sad for the past few days. Maybe, you should spend some time with him if you don't hate him anymore." 

You couldn't help but let out an airy chuckle at his remark. A sad one. 

"I don't think I hate any of you now. I mean, I still do... but, not the hate I had before." You said in a low voice. 
"Mr Kim has always been a gentleman to others... unless they didn't deserve it. But, do you know why I had always asked you to understand him? It wasn't exactly because I was biased with him or working for him.." Jo's voice trailed off as you stared at him intrigued. 
"I sort of sensed that he probably knew more about you or had something going on with him from the day he saw you. The shock in his eyes wasn't ordinary... later on, I got to know he knew you. I just guessed and I was sure of it too. He always made sure to check up on you at night when you were asleep. And when you would start blabbering, he would just stop scrolling his phone and stare at the screen but it was obvious he was listening to you. I thought he hated you but... seeing him always taking care of you without anyone's knowledge and protecting you though it wasn't quite necessary made me wonder." 

You felt your heart aching a little. 
"Mr Kim's a nice person. He's just a little... too rude at times, I'd agree. But his heart is pure. I know I'm nagging again... but I can't help but feel sad when you hate him, whereas he cares about you deeply." Jo smiled and looked down as you said, "I know."
"I mean, I know he's kind and nice. And all... and I do respect him for it, honestly. And I respect you too, for being nice to me all this while."
You smiled, looking at your fingers. 

"Ah, I'll get up now. I have a lot of work to do. Well, you can go inside the bedroom in case he might be awake." You nodded and got up, going to his bedroom before placing a kiss on Azure's head.