Finale:: Hate you with love

Author's POV || 1.5 years later 

"Y/N!" Tzuyu waved at you as you smiled. She sat down as you were checking out the cash of your shop. You had a bagel shop now. 
"Girl, Jake has been pestering me to go on a date with him to Hawaii. It's like a first-anniversary honeymoon. But I want to rest at home." She rolled her eyes as you chuckled saying, "Well, no love anymore?"
"Of course, I love him. But... you know, it's more... different now. It's better... more familiar. Yeah." She sighed and smiled a little, looking at a bagel kept on a plate near you.

"That for me?"
"Yeah."
You nodded. She grinned and stuffed it in her mouth making you sigh. 
"Have you decided to move out?" She asked again. You simply nodded and said, "That apartment's rent is lousy, bro... too much. The landowner keeps raising the rent." 
"God, may he find himself in a place full of dead rats."
"You're crazy!"
"You're worse!"
She grinned. You smiled and sighed. 

"Have you visited Mr Lee?" You asked. Her grin immediately faded as she looked down.
"No... I don't want to."
"He's your father..."
"But what he did was unacceptable. As his daughter, I'd love to meet my loving father again. He was an ideal man to me. But as your best friend and as a human who believes in justice, he was too wrong... too much to be forgiven. He tried to kill you. As much as regret I have in me, I don't want to be a bad human who puts feelings over justice and does unfair to you." She said, her eyes becoming teary. You went out of the counter and hugged her tightly, kissing her forehead. 
"It's okay... I love you." 
"I love you too." She sighed. 

You both smiled at each other as you heard your phone ring. A frown appeared on your face as you picked it up. 
"Yes?" 
"Look outside your shop."
This voice. You knew it. Your heart was pounding as you tried to match the voice. You looked outside the window and gasped to see a familiar figure standing across the road. The same deep brown eyes, the raven hair. He looked broader from afar.
"Tzuyu... do you also see a man across the road?" You asked her as she looked behind and nodded.
"He's handsome, you know him?" 

"Shit... this is a f*cked up mess. HOLY SHIT!" You screamed as she flinched, looking at you confused. You immediately ran outside the shop and crossed the road.
And there you were. 

In front of him. 

"You..." You gasped as the man in front of you gave you his faint smile. He looked so fine yet you saw some tiredness in him. His eyes wandered across your face and landed on your neck. 
The locket wasn't there. 
You saw him looking down, disappointment coating his eyes. So you slid your hand into your pocket and took out a locket, showing it to him.
"Searching for this?" You asked, smiling. He let out an airy breath and finally spoke, "Y/N." 

It had been over a year.

You smiled and said, "Taehyung." 
"How have you been?"
He asked.
"Good. See? I opened a bagel shop. It runs well. I am good at baking. If not cooking..." You shrugged proudly as he smiled wider and said, "I see."
"You? Have you been good?"
You asked.
"I might've gone to some places to serve and got disciplined before coming here." He shrugged.
"What?!" You frowned, gasping. 
"Yeah... though I worked with the police, I did some illegal stuff too... to catch them. Hacking, stealing, though not exactly that I killed people but some did die... but since we contributed a lot, I and Jo got some slack together. And... it was quite stuffy there so had to use money. We gave a fine for early leave." 

"For real?" You gasped. He nodded, "I came back... a week ago."
"You could've paid for the whole serving time then... why suffer for more than a year?"
"Conscience. Guilt. Regret."
He said. You didn't expect him to be that much of a saint. He knew how to be responsible, though he slacked in it too. By using his money. Still.