Chapter 20:: Run away

Author's POV:

"Trust him... then make him trust me? That's such a weird thing to do." You sighed and looked at the calendar. 2 months and 6 days left. 
"I need to know. Something is happening in 2 months and 6 days... I need to know so I can do something."
"How do I even trust him? Should I act as if I trust him..?"
You asked yourself, trying hard how to think of a way. You had no idea, honestly. 
"You can't force trust towards someone..." You said and sighed. You looked at the time, 5 pm. No sign of Azure. It was sad, honestly.

You wanted to protest but you kind of knew that protesting with him was useless. But that didn't mean you left him loose completely. Every time he came in contact with you, you were poking him indirectly about how harsh people's decisions could be and how bad they could affect and so on. He knew it of course but he didn't say anything other than, 

'Alright.. sweetheart.'
'Well, sometimes people deserve that bad effect. Especially when they dig their graves.'

He knew how to respond, of course. He wasn't dumb. 

But it pissed you off. He wasn't annoyed or mad. He played along. He was too good at this. You wondered if you both were some sort of kidnapper-kidnapped for enemies of middle school. 

This bickering never seemed to come to an end—absolutely never.

"I want to go outside... so bad." You sighed, looking down.

You were walking around when you looked at Jo who was sitting there, talking to someone on the phone. 

"Yes sir, of course. Amusement park? We can go there tomorrow. Yeah... of course."
"The mission is there? Are we going to ride roller coasters while spying or something?" 
"Alright, sir."

You saw him hang up as he turned around to flinch again.
"Why is it always you?!" He asked, mortified. You just raised a brow at him before saying, "Amusement park?"
"Oh... yeah. We're going there tomorrow."
"Take me with you." 
"What? No! It's for a missio-"
"I know. It's definitely for some recreation you mark as a mission. Moreover, I do not care about your missions. I want to go outside. You can do your whatever mission... I promise I'll only exist there. No disturbing!"
You raised your hands in surrender.

He sighed and said, "Mr Kim will kill me along with you if he knows."
"Take me in the car trunk."
"I can't.."
He sighed. 
You immediately made a sad face and looked down, "Right... I'm just a hostage..." You let out a dramatic sad sigh before holding your temple.
"I really... miss the outside world... I wish I could live normally... even if for a moment." You blinked away the non-existent tears in your eyes as Jo looked down sadly. 

"I'm sorry... but it's going to be hard."
"I wish you knew the pain of being captive..."
You said, sighing.
"I know it.." He said.
"Can't feel it then, I guess."
"I can."

He sighed again and shut his eyes.
"Fine... but, what if you run away or something? You know if we find you again, you might be dead." 
You gulped a little and said, "I know leaving this place is of no use. Have I tried to escape in the past 10 days? No, right?"
"Because this mansion is full of guards." 
"No! Because... I am a loyal hostage. Trust me, if I wanted to escape, I would have. I know escaping is of no use. My uncle can't save me from the mighty mafias..." 

Jo nodded as if convinced.
"But what if Mr Kim gets to know?"
"He won't! He's dumb."
"I don't agree..."
"You don't need to. I swear I won't go anywhere. I swear on my fiance!"
You said.

"You do not have a fiance-"
"I have one! It's a secret... we were supposed to marry in secret. You see, family problems and all? But... I swore!" 
"Yeah... okay. Seems good enough."