Disorder 4

Chaeyoung reminds Mina of a cantankerous old woman. The message has her bursting into laughter of all things. She really cannot take Chaeyoung seriously now. She fires back a message. "I see you missed me."

There is a long pause before her phone vibrates again.

"Don’t forget your medication you're hallucinating again." Chaeyoung responds causing to Mina to giggle as she types out her reply.

"Didn't know you cared but seriously can I borrow your notes from today's lecture?" Mina stares at the message for a moment before pressing send.

"Why should I lend you my notes? I went to class and you didn't. If you were absent because of illness, then I definitely do not want you near any of my notes" Chaeyoung replies.

Mina sighs Jihyo could probably lend her notes but her friend's note-taking skills leave a lot to be desired not to mention poor handwriting only a doctor would understand.

Her phone beeps again. "But I can give you photocopies Once." Mina hugs her phone to her chest a grin splitting her face. Then she stops. Why is she so giddy over a text from Chaeyoung who so obviously hates her? Another text arrives.

"I'll drop it off, Where do you live?" A smile spreads across her face again. Maybe Chaeyoung doesn't hate her as much as she claims to.

On Friday they are tasked to form a study group for a presentation, three people max. Jihyo is mystified when Mina waves to Chaeyoung who rolls her eyes and nods.

"What are you doing?" Jihyo hisses at Mina

"Oh she's not so bad" Mina whispers back.

"But she's an asshole and a weirdo, that's why she doesn't have friends" Jihyo mutters radiating hostility as Chaeyoung moves closer to the two of them.

"Oh Jihyo don't judge a person without truly knowing them." Mina whispers and Jihyo huffs crossing her arms.

Chaeyoung doesn’t say a word of greeting to either of them choosing instead to park behind her textbook and cough mask. She does however take her share of the workload without any complaint. They agree to meet on the next two Saturdays at the library to finalize their report.

Mina finds herself waking up early to prep for the meeting. She does her hair and makeup but anxiously hopes she doesn’t look like she is trying too hard. Jihyo is in the shower when she rushes off ahead excited to see her cranky blonde classmate.

Chaeyoung is waiting in the library already halfway through the assigned reading.

Mina studies Chaeyoung from the doorway wondering why her heart rate just went up at the sight of the blonde.

As if Chaeyoung can feel the weight of her gaze she looks up and sees Mina. And- miracle of miracles!- she pulls down the mask covering her nose and lips.

"What are you doing?" she mouths to Mina from across the room.

Mina slides into the seat next to Chaeyoung, their shoulders almost touching.

It earns her a glare from the blonde but she does not move away.

They bicker in hushed tones but Mina is inwardly giggling, finding it fun to tease Chaeyoung.