Alpha and Omega 9

True to the promise she made all those years ago Mina made the long trek through the woods to the lone cabin she had commissioned to be built for her father.

She had spent most of the night filing paperwork and making sure everyone's reports were satisfactory for the ceremony, and then had spent another few hours staring at Chaeyoung's gift. When morning came and it was time to go, she thought she was going to drop from exhaustion.

But this was a tradition and werewolves were bound by tradition the ceremony they held every single month was a rather large indicator of this fact.

Pendant dangling from her neck, Mina briskly made her way towards her father's cabin.

As she had told Chaeyoung, she made this trip every month on the day of the full moon. She had a little while until the ceremony began and she planned to use some of that time to spend with her lonely father before heading back to make sure everything was in order.

Being the Alpha was tiring and sometimes tedious.

The sun was in its northern position in the sky as she walk through the brush. She shields her eyes and wished that her father had chosen a location where she could drive her recently fixed car to.

He had insisted on building the cabin in a remote location where no human could just stumble by with ease. He wanted total seclusion and not many knew where to find him other than Mina.

The cabin came into sight and she quicken her pace to reach it. By now her father would be able to smell her arrival and she didn't waste time by being subtle.

When she reach the door she knock three times, waiting until a soft voice called out, "Come in."

She pushes open the door and was hit by the familiar scent of Myoui Akira the former Alpha of her pack and her beloved father.

There was a special kind of comfort that came from the scent of a parent. As a child, the first truly caring figures you encounter are your parents. Your mother and father become twin beacons of love and support and even though you grow up and gain the companionship of others you will never forget the absolute peace that came from the caring force of your parents.

Despite her father's cold demeanor, Mina was unable to resist the calm and peace that wash over her in his presence.

"Hello father" Mina greets as she enter the cabin.

Akira was seated in a plush velvet chair by an unlit fireplace, a half-read book held open in his hand, the pages illuminated by the sun that filtered in by the window that was positioned a few feet beside him. He lifted his steely gray eyes towards her and for a brief moment she could have sworn she saw warmth crack through the cold wall he had built around him.

"It's nice to see you again, Mina" Akira says in a flat tone. His tone was not meant as an affront to her but rather was his usual tone with everyone who conversed with him.

"Father" Mina give him a small smile and bow once she was in front of him. She glances the title of his book: The Fall of the Roman Empire. He had always been fascinated by the Romans. "How are you?"

"I am doing well" Akira replies, placing the ribbon marker between the pages of the book he was reading and setting it down on the table next to him. "How is the pack?"