Neighbors pt.7

It had been a few days since the spilled latte incident and it turned out about as well as Chaeyoung could have hoped for.

Now it was time for the next battle.

Armed with a bottle of expensive red wine and the latest issue of magazine she knocks on Mina's door. It open a few seconds later to reveal the young woman herself dressed in nothing but a thin lavender tank top and rainbow-colored pajama tops.

Mina was adorable.

“Hi” Chaeyoung greets with a grin.

“Chaeyoung” Mina says in surprise. “I.... what... I mean what in the world are you doing here?”

“I need your help again” Chaeyoung answers, her face turning sheepish. “I promise I didn’t spill anything but the thing is I have no idea what kind of laptop to get now that mine’s trashed. Since you’re the expert I thought you might be willing to give me some advice.”

Mina eyes narrows as she stared at Chaeyoung, she was trying to determine whether Chaeyoung was telling the truth or if this was once again some elaborate ploy.

Chaeyoung stands there trying to look as innocent as possible.

“Is that a bottle of ‘82 Cabernet Sauvignon  you have in your hands?” Mina ask

Chaeyoung didn’t bother hiding the fact that she was surprise by Mina's good eye. “You sure know your wines.”

Mina examine Chaeyoung one last time before letting out a sigh and opening the door all the way. It was a silent invitation inside her home, one Chaeyoung took readily.

Once Chaeyoung crossed the the door step she takes in an as much of the space as she could. Everything was bright and open Minast couch was made of mint green upholstery, while the armchair next to it was red.

A huge potted fern sat by the windowsill and on the opposite side of the couch was a widescreen, plasma television set into a floor-to-ceiling entertainment center, filled with DVDs, books and knick knacks. Some of them she could easily identify like the game characters , idols and action figures but some of the others she couldn’t.

“Take a seat.” Mina gestures to the breakfast bar complete with floral painted stools.

Chaeyoung did as told while Mina treks around her kitchen barefoot. It was endearing to watch, how she slid open a cutlery drawer to grab a corkscrew, then nudge it close with a push from her hip or how she had to stand on her very tip toes to pull two wine glasses off the top shelf of her cabinets.

“Your apartment’s lovely." Chaeyoung tells her. “It’s very bright.”

“Thanks” Mina answers flatly. “But I don’t think it’s the first time you’ve seen it.”

Chaeyoung frowns for a second unsure of what Mina meant but then she remembers the coffee table.

Oh I didn’t break in if that’s what you mean” she assures Mina “I just ordered the table then warned the landlord that you had a furniture delivery but you wouldn’t be able to let them into the apartment.”