Alpha and Omega 11

Mina felt her tongue thicken, her throat constricting out of anxiety. How funny she didn't bat an eye when her beta attacked her yet here she was floundering in an attempt to tell this blonde haired Omega that she was in love with her.

"I..."

"Hey!" Sana's voice cut her off again. "Are you two coming?!"

Mina felts her heart drop as Chaeyoung turn to the Sana, sighing and waving her acknowledgment.

"No rest for the wicked, huh?" She grin slightly at Mina.

Mina feels disappointment replace her earlier swell of pride but push it down and plaster a fake smile on her face. "Apparently so."

Chaeyoung says nothing, staring into Mina's eyes for a moment before turning away to follow the cheering group of pack members.

With no one looking at her, Mina let her shoulders drop.

The ceremony was similar to a banquet. The entire compound joined in a massive celebration, drinking and chatting with friends and loved ones along the streets, young pups laughing loudly as they chase one another, mainly converging around the center of the compound, where everything had been pushed aside for a wide clearing.

After returning from the forest, Mina had tried to pull Chaeyoung aside to speak privately but she was pulled along with the group of wood choppers to drink.

Mina was left to wallow in her failure to confess her feelings but sucked it up in order to keep appearances. This was when her position of Alpha was most vital as everyone look to her for guidance throughout the full moon. She couldn't afford to be seen moping around.

She abstained from drinking any alcohol - not because she had to but because she wasn't much of a drinker and merely chatted merrily with the other females of the pack. Every once in a while she would be greeted by a male or two, sloppily asking for her hand in mating. She declined each offer, knowing they weren't genuine. She smiled when needed, laughed when prompted and cheered when appropriate.

Throughout the course of the celebrations, Mina's wound in her leg fully heal. At first when they returned she had a slight limp but now she was walking normally again, the wound merely a dull ache as her body repaired itself. Any trace of Bambam's treachery was erased from sight.

When the sun began to set and the moon became just barely visible through the parting clouds, Mina made her way to the clearing and stood to her fullest height, looking out over the joyous pack.

Everyone was enjoying themselves, congratulating each other on a job well done in keeping the compound running smoothly the past month. Everyone had a job to do and they all did it brilliantly. This was their time to let loose, relax and be rewarded for their hard work before a night of hunting under the full moon.

She clears her throat, preparing to make the same speech she made every month.

"Alright!" she calls, keeping her voice light in tone but making sure to speak loud enough so everyone could hear her. "It's time to get down to business."

The cheering lowers to quiet whispers of anticipation, bodies pressing together as everyone began to gather around Mina. She gave them a beaming smile before beginning her speech.