Neighbors pt.2

Mina arrived at work Friday morning in a blind rage.

Her assistant stands before her to greet but when she didn’t bother answering his half-finished offer of coffee. She just stomp into her office and slam the door as hard as she could.

Once she was safely ensconce in her office, she throws her bag down onto the chair in front of her desk and rip open the note she found in her mailbox before she left the apartment. She glares angrily at the messy scrawl, forming such hateful words. The hateful words of the most dickish gay dog neighbor she’d ever had.

And in addition to her neighbor's insulting letter, Chaeyoung refused to acquiesce to what she deemed a reasonable request and brought home yet another screamer.

She was certain it hadn’t been the same one, because her screeches were a little more high pitched but nonetheless Mina had the same blatant disregard for Chaeyoung’s neighbor as her predecessor. So in addition to being insulted and ignored she was sleep-deprived.

Of all the ever-loving nerve.

She wanted to scream, she wanted to rip the letter to shreds. She wanted to take the letter opener in her drawer and shove it in Son Chaeyoung’s eye or maybe use it to saw off her penis that way she’d never keep her up late at night again.

“Ms. Myoui?”

Mina whips her head around. “What!?” she snaps.

Poor Simone flinches at her tone and she feels her ire abate by an inch. “I-I have a couple of messages for y-you…” He reaches forward with a bunch of post-its, his hand shaking.

Mina snatches them from him and waves him away before throwing the messages on her desk. They could wait, they had to wait. She wouldn’t be able to concentrate on anything work-related until she could come up with the perfect response to Chaeyoung’s missive.

She spent the next few minutes working out her pent-up anger by pacing the length of her office back and forth, listening to the loud clacking of her heels on the hard floor.

She was still pacing almost an hour later when her best friend walked through the door.

“Are you aware that your assistant out there is terrified to even come in here?” Sana Minotazaki inquires as she crosses the threshold.

Mina's only response was to rush to her desk and snatch the letter. “Look at this!” she shrieks, thrusting the scrap of paper in front of her best friend. “Look at what that douche bag wrote!”

Sana raises her eyebrows and takes the note from. She scans through it quickly, struggling to suppress a smile. By the time she got to the end, she coughs in what Mina was sure was a weak attempt to hide her laughter.

“It’s not funny!” Mina complains “I swear to God Son Chaeyoung's is intent on making my life miserable. Well she is going to learn that two can play at this game and she’s also going to learn that I do not play fair.”

“Sharon.” Sana’s voice was soothing as she reaches forward and places a gentle hand on Mina’s shoulder. She steers her to the unoccupied chair in front of her desk and forces her to sit down. “Before you start plotting your vengeance take a seat, take a breath and drink this.” she hands Mina a to-go cup of coffee.