Alpha and Omega 1

"This is ridiculous!"

Mina scowls as she made her way through the forest, the mid-summer sun beating down on her face with more force than she'd like. It was scorching hot and even for someone in as good a shape as she was the effect was not lost.

Wiping the sweat from her brow she continues to grumble about the heat and curse the man who was responsible for her being out rather than in her air conditioned home.

Mina had received a call from her pack's adviser, Jin Park saying he had urgent business that needed her attention at his shop at the edge of the forest.

Why the man needed her, she had no clue but as Alpha she had no choice but to go see what it was.

If it was as important as Jin said then she needed to hurry and take care of it as soon as possible.

After alerting her Beta, Bambam that she was heading out she had begun the long trek through the woods to her adviser's shop.

She would have taken her car but unfortunately the back tire was flat and the pack member she had sent out to get a replacement had not returned yet.

Bambam had offered his car but Mina had refused stating a calm walk through the woods would be good for her.

The responsibilities of being an Alpha to a pack of werewolves was stressful work and she could use the alone time, she figured.

Shielding her eyes from the sunlight, she regretted not taking Bambam's car. She had told him she could use the walk because of the stress of her duties but that was only part of it.

Things had been awkward between her and her Beta ever since the last full moon. Everyone had been expecting for her to choose him as her Mate but had shocked everyone by denying his request.

She wasn't ready to accept a Mate yet and it caused tension throughout her pack  especially with her Beta.

Bambam had shocked her by requesting to be her Mate and at first she wasn't sure what to say.

Asking a female for her hand in partnership in their society was much more significant than it was in the human world. A male would approach a female and ask to be his Mate forever. It was not a question to take lightly. It was a request to be bonded in love until the day you died.

To think Bambam, her childhood friend wanted that kind of relationship with her it certainly threw her through a loop.

In the end though she couldn't bring herself to love him. When she said no during the full moon, the ceremonial night of Change  everyone had been shocked.

She had turned down many requests in the past, mainly because they were from "MALES" who wanted nothing more than to be the Alpha's Mate.

A certain amount of power came with being mated to the Alpha of the pack and during her tenure as Alpha she had received many of those kinds of offers so it was expected for her to deny them all.

But when Bambam's request went public everyone was certain she'd accept. The second she said no drove everyone in shock, no one more than Bambam.

She couldn't take the awkward glances and lingering silences between them anymore so she jumped at the chance to be alone like this but what she hadn't foreseen was this ridiculous heat.