fourteen

OTM

I was meeting Beys friends today and I was more nervous than I thought I was going to be.

We did girlfriend training one more time just to be prepared. I think Beys ready so I'm hoping they'll believe her.

One of them could possibly be the catfish. At least that's what I think.

It makes the most sense, whoever it is has to know her personally.

I'm going to look at everyone's face when I walk in. Whoever looks shocked is most likely the catfish.

We were supposed to be meeting them at Beys farm but Bey insisted on picking me up.

She texted me when she was outside and my nerves got even worse. I put my shoes on and made sure my door was locked before I left.

Ming was at one of her friends house so that was one less thing I had to worry about.

Bey was already out her truck and on the passenger side. "I thought you might need some help getting in."

I'm 5'3. That's not even that short, people really do the most.

I rolled my eyes, "I can get in just fine. Hello to you too by the way."

"Hey Onika, get in."

She opened the door for me and I tried to get in. I really did, but this was a mini monster truck.

Bey laughed and helped me in. Now I'm mad. She closed the door and went to the other side of the car.

She got in and I crossed my arms over my chest. "I could've gotten in myself."

"Most people would say thank you."

"I'm not saying thank you."

"You're welcome anyway. They're already there, I told them I was picking someone up but I didn't tell them who."

"So what about that girl your sister thinks is your girlfriend?"

"It's nothing like that. We're just close."

"Hm so she's your best friend?"

"No, my best friend is Kelly. You're going to like her the most probably. All my friends are cool but Kelly is the best."

"What about your other friends?"

"Bryson and Frank are cool too. Frank probably won't talk much and Bryson is going to be too busy flirting with Kelly. I don't think we have to stay for long, I'm just going to act like I'm giving you ice cream."

"And you're going to drive me back home? You should've just let me drive."

"Who's going to believe I didn't pick my girlfriend up? I'm a gentlewoman."

"True. Can I actually get some ice cream?"

"Yeah, of course. I'll give you one I was hiding from myself, it's from my favorite cow."

"Your favorite cow?"

"Her milk is the sweetest, the best ice cream comes from her. Trust me."

"Okay, I guess." That's a little weird. "Did you think about the party?"

"Yeah, I'll go but I want to pick you up."

"Why?"

"You drink, I just want to make sure you get home safe."

"So you're not going to drink?" I should've already expected that.

"No, I never have and I don't want my first time to be somewhere I'm not familiar with."