eighty-six

OTM

Graduation was terrifyingly close. Today was the only after school rehearsal and Bey was coming.

She's homeschooled but she's graduating with us. I'm glad, now we can do end of the year stuff together.

Her mom still won't let her drive so I had to pick her up.

I get why she did that, I probably would've done the same thing if my kid was driving all over Houston under the influence. We didn't even remember anything that happened that night so we were definitely too fucked up to be driving.

That was the one thing I agree with her on.

When I got to the ice cream shop, I texted her to come out. This is how I pick her up now.

She came out of the shop with an ice cream come and got to my car.

"Hey twin." I like calling her this more than her name.

She leaned over and kissed my cheek. "I got you ice cream. I don't know if Trenes milk but it's good."

I wish she could stop talking about how sweet the milk from the cow named after her best friend is. "What flavor?"

"It's cereal milk or something. Brandy scooped it."

I forgot she works there. "Oh. Well thanks." I took the ice cream cone and tried the ice cream, it was good but not my favorite.

"We're going to be late, let's go."

I love it when she tells me what to do. She's never rude about it.

I started driving with my one hand and ate the ice cream wind my other. "So are you excited?"

"I'm scared."

"Why?"

"I don't know, I can't really explain how I feel right now because I'm feeling so many things."

"Like?"

"Like... Im excited to graduate. But I don't really feel like I should be graduating with you because I did everything from home. And schools in general make me feel sick to my stomach."

"Damn, you got bullied that bad?" I word things terribly.

"Well bullied bad enough for me to stop going to school completely."

"I'm sorry, I would've killed all them for you." I put my hand on her thigh and she pushed it off.

"Stop."

"Stop what?" I put my hand back on her thigh, "Just sit back and enjoy being a passenger princess the way I did."

She pushed it off again and I didn't try to put it back. "I'm not a passenger princess. I'm going to start asking Kelly for rides instead."

"No you won't. You like me driving you around."

Her face broke out into a smile. "I do."

"So sit back and enjoy the side like I said. We'll be there in a minute." I put my hand back on her thigh and she sat back. It's fun to act like a boyfriend because she hates it.

We finally got to school but we had to separate. My last name starts with an M and Beys starts with a K so I was sitting a row and a half in front of her.

The only time I saw her during the rehearsal was when she had to practice walking across the stage and I cheered embarrassingly loud for her like it was the real thing.

Rehearsal was boring and long but I couldn't be too mad, I was just happy at the thought of me graduating.

All the bitches asses I didn't beat will finally be worth it.