seventy-three

BGK

It seems I can't ever sleep uninterrupted.

I was just about to take a nap, I took a shower after finishing up all my farm work and I got in bed but of course I couldn't. 

This time it was Kelly calling and not Onika but I answered. "Hi sister." I was smiling now like I wasn't just about to go to sleep.

"Bey, come get this man."

"Who?"

"Bryson. He's at my door and he won't leave, he's claiming I broke into his house or something. He said he's not leaving until I come out, can you make him leave?"

"Well did you do it?" I know her.

"Bey, just come and make him leave." So yes.

I sighed, "Okay. I'm on my way now."

"Okay bestie, thanks. I love you."

"Love you too." I hung up and slid on my furry cow slippers Onika got me.

I got in my truck and started driving to her house, I was there within five minutes.

Bryson was sitting on her porch just using his phone all casually.

I got out of my truck and walked up the stairs of her porch. "Bryson, go home."

"Nigga, you go home. I'm not leaving until I talk to Kelly."

"You're not talking to her, so go home." I really didn't want to be talking to him right now, we haven't spoke since he said what he said in that groupchat.

"Do you know what her and your wannabe criminal girlfriend did?"

"What?"

"They broke into my house and fucked up all my music equipment. That shit was worth thousands."

"Boo hoo? You're not the victim in this situation, by far. Even if they did do that, it was only in response to what you did them first."

"I am the victim and they're going to pay for my new music equipment."

"You catfished my girlfriend?!" How would he be the victim? "That's besides the point, just get away from her house."

"Move me."

"Okay." I pulled him up by shirt and made him stand up. It was easy, Bryson weighs probably 115 pounds. I've been working with cows for years, I've had to lift things that weighed a lot more him.

"You must want to fight." I would be embarrassed if I got picked up like that too so I'm not going to fault him.

"No, but my girlfriend does. I'll just call her."

"I'll just call the police, I'm sure they would love to see the video of her breaking into my house. They should've looked for cameras before they decided to commit several crimes."

I chuckled, "You're scared of her? You can come to Kelly's house demanding to talk to her but threaten to call the police the second I mention calling Onika?"

"I'm not scared. It's just that I know if I talk to Kelly, I can actually talk to her but that bitch-"

"Watch your mouth." I'm not going to let him call Onika names.

"Or what?"

"Or I'll embarrass you by having you beat up by a 5'2 girl."

"I'm not scared of that little easy girl."

"Easy?" What year is this?

He smirked, "You should've seen how easy it was for us to get those pictures. I barely had to ask."