seventeen

first bey pov

BGK

I was nervous to go to this Halloween party. So nervous I forgot to ask if I could go.

I was going to go and ask my mama with no type of plan, just prayers.

Onika told me it was a costume party but not a costume-costume party. I had no idea what that meant so I was dressing up as Spider-Man.

I found my mama in Solange's room putting the final touches on her costume.

"Mama! I have to go!" Solange was going to some Halloween dance.

She was holding a sewing pin between her folded lips. "Girl hush."

I knocked on the inside of the door since they didn't hear me come in. "Mama?"

"Yes? Where'd you get that costume from?"

"The store. I have a question though."

"Hm?"

"Can I go to a party tonight?" Here goes nothing.

"A party?"

"Yeah, it's a party my friend invited me to. I know it's last minute-"

"Yes! Please! You need to get out the house and go to parties, stay gone!"

She's acting like this because I don't go out that much. I still think it was a little bit over the top.

"Uh okay. I won't be out that late probably."

"I won't wait up, stay out as long as you want."

I laughed, "Okay." I kissed her forehead and flicked Solange's. "I'll see you later, I love you."

That was easy.

I left the room and went into my own. Is a Spider-man costume really what I want to wear?

I already told Solange about the party and she made me watch Mean Girls in preparation. What if I pick Onika up and she's actually in lingerie?

Maybe I should wear something looser just to be safe.

After a little more deliberation with myself, I decided to go as a cowboy. It would be easier to hide things and I would probably blend in better.

Onika texted me not to come too early because nobody goes to parties on time so I sat around for a little bit.

Two hours after the party was supposed to start, she texted me telling me to come pick her up.

I was ready for hours already so I left right away. I passed the Halloween thing we had going on down by the farm on my way, it looked fun.

I was proud of myself for driving all the way to Onikas house and mostly using my memory from the first time I came here and not the GPS.

When I got to her house I sent her a text. She came out in a costume that made me have to look away.

She was a playboy bunny. She had on bunny ears, stockings, a bow tie, and the corset thing.

Oh wow. Jeans were definitely the better choice.

I was looking out the window when she got inside the car.

"Hey Bey, my friends said they're already there which is good because I hate being first anywhere. You good?"

"Yeah, I just need to put the address on my phone."

"You look good. I want to put the cowboy hat on and ride-"