𝟐. 𝐑𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

Mackenzie opens her eyes slowly by feeling the smell of alcohol

Mackenzie opens her eyes slowly by feeling the smell of alcohol. She looks around her, feeling lost, for a few seconds before recognizing her father's face, who looks at her, worried.

-Mack. Mackenzie. - The girl gives him half a smile.

-Dad. - Charlie takes his daughter's hand immediately and smiles, taking a weight off his shoulders.

-Sweetie, you don't know how worried I've been. - Mackenzie smiles and, with her father's help, sits up on her bed.

-What happened? - The girl whispers, looking at her bedroom, confused.

-You passed out when they found your sister. - Charlie explains, still holding his daughter's hand.

-How's Bella? - Mackenzie asks, looking at her father.

-She woke up a few hours ago but has been staying in her room. She came to see you when she woke up but you were still unconscious. - Mack nods.

-I'll make you breakfast. - Charlie says, giving his daughter half a smile.

-I'll go talk to Bella. - He nods and approaches his daughter to hug her.

-I'm glad you're back, Mack. I've missed you. - The man admits, making the girl smile, who returns the hug.

-I missed you, too, Dad. Bella, as well. - The brown-haired girl admits after Charlie pulled away.

-I'll be downstairs. - He says, giving Mackenzie half a smile, who nods, smiling.

The man leans down to leave a small kiss on his daughter's forehead before standing up from the bed and walking out of the room. Mackenzie looks at her surroundings, realising that nothing's changed. Well, except the bed that has new bedsheets.

-I think I'll have to redecorate everything. - The brown-haired girl whispers to herself before sitting on the edge of the bed.

She looks at her bags that are beside the door and stands up to walk towards her backpack from where she takes out a box. She exits her bedroom and walks towards her sister's.

-Bella. - Mackenzie says, knocking on the door. - It's Mack. May I come in?

The door suddenly opens, revealing Bella, who has her cheeks and eyes full of tears along with a red nose.

-Mack. - She whispers before approaching her sister and hug her strongly.

Mackenzie returns the hug immediately, hearing her sister's sobs.

-I missed you so much, Mack. - Bella whispers, without pulling away.

After hugging for a few seconds, the Swan sisters enter Bella's bedroom and sit in front of each other.