𝟐𝟖. 𝐋𝐢𝐞

Mackenzie looks through the window of Edward's car, having a small smile on her face

Mackenzie looks through the window of Edward's car, having a small smile on her face. She looks at Edward, realising he grimaces while looking through his window.

-Is something wrong? - The brown haired asks confusedly, getting the guy's attention.

-See you in class, Mack. - Bella says, getting out fo the car and starting to walk towards the school entrance.

-Do you regret seeing your mother? - Mackenzie thinks about it for a moment before shaking her head lightly.

-No. I missed her tons but saying goodbye was really hard. - The girl admits, remembering how she said goodbye to her mother.

-If I asked you to stay in the car, would you? - Mack frowns, confused. And before she could respond, Edward gets out of his car.

Mackenzie decides to take her backpack and gets out, feeling how small raindrops wet her hair.

-Of course not. - Edward says, looking at another direction, watching how his girlfriend exits the car, accommodating her backpack along with her skirt with red squares.

-Batman, you know I'm curious. - The girl smirks. Edward grimaces but extends his hand towards her.

The brown haired takes his hand, interlocking their fingers and they both start walking towards the school entrance. Mackenzie stops on her tracks by seeing Jacob who finds himself strongly hugging Bella. The girl looks at the vampire confusedly but he keeps his look on the werewolf.

-Hey, Jake. - The youngest Swan says insecurely, watching how the boy pullls away from her sister to look at her.

-I thought you left town. - Jacob says, looking at her before looking at Bella who gives him half a smile.

-We visited mom. Why? - Bella asks confusedly while looking at her partner.

-He's checking to see if you both are still human. - Edward says mockingly. Jacob looks angrily at him while taking Bella's waist.

-I'm here to warn you. If your kind come on our land again... - Mack frowns by hearing Jacob's words.

-What are you talking about? - Mackenzie asks, taking a step towards him.

Bella looks confusedly at Jacob who looks at the youngest twin before looking at the vampire.

-You didn't tell them? - Jake asks incredulously.

-Just leave it alone, Jacob. - Mackenzie looks confusedly at Edward.

-Tell us what? - The Swan sisters ask in unison.

-Emmett and Paul had a misunderstanding. It's nothing to worry about. - Edward tells Mackenzie who is still confused.

-Listen to you. You're lying to them to get them out of town. - The vampire glares at the wolf and lets go off Mack's hand to confront Jacob.