𝟕𝟓. 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

-Jane and Alec will try to take me out first because I can anticipate their moves

-Jane and Alec will try to take me out first because I can anticipate their moves. - Edward explains to Carlisle.

Mackenzie, Kate and Garrett find themselves standing while Eleazar, Carlisle, Emmett and Tanya are sat, listening to the mind reader.

-Too bad we don't all have your shield. - Garrett tells Mack, who grimaces.

-Doesn't help me fight, though. - The girl looks at her husband, who half-smiles at her.

-But you could help the rest of us, if you could project it. - Mack frowns by Tanya's words.

-What do you mean? - The burgundy-haired uncrosses her arms.

-I mean shield someone other than yourself. - Tanya explains, half-smiling at her.

-Is that possible? - Mack asks Carlisle, who nods.

-Gifts can be developed. Over time. - The Cullen father explains.

-At first, mine was just in my palms. Now I can radiate it all over my body. - Mackenzie immediately turns to look at Kate after hearing her words.

-How do you do it? - She asks with curiosity. Kate grimaces but stays silent. Mack grabs her arm strongly, using her gift on her. - Tell me. - She begs.

-Ow. -Kate complains with half a smile by feeling the grip on her arm.

❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎

Edward, Mackenzie, Kate, Emmett, Garrett and Tanya find themselves outside of the Cullen household. Kate is helping Mack to expand her shield.

-You need to visualize it. See how it moves. What colour it is. Now picture it expanding. - The blonde girl explains, standing in front of Mack, who focuses. - Will it to beyond you.

Mackenzie keeps her look down, trying to concentrate, until feeling how her body standing letting something out. Edward smiles by seeing how a white fog comes out from his wife's body, but it goes back to her, who slightly curses.

-I think she needs something to motivate her. - Kate looks at Edward, who grimaces.

Mackenzie frowns, until seeing how her husband gets in front of the blonde girl. Mack immediately shakes her head, taking a step forward.

-No. I'm not ready yet. - She warns him, who tries to relax.

-It's all right, I can take it. - Edward says, not being completely sure. He extends his hand towards Kate, who smiles.

-He says that now. - Garrett mocks, standing beside Emmett, who has his arms crossed.

-Focus, Mack, or he's gonna be hurting. - Emmett warns with a smirk.