𝟕𝟕. 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐬

At the restaurant, a guy intercepts Mackenzie, who seems to be an employee at the place because of his attire

-Do you have a reservation? - Mack quickly shakes her head before half-smiling at the guy, making him blush.

-No. Mr. Jenks is expecting me. - The guy opens a booklet and nods.

-Of course. Right this way, Mrs. Cullen. - He guides the girl through the restaurant, until arriving at a more exclusive part.

The guy opens a dark curtain, letting Mack enter, who thanks him in a whisper. Mackenzie realises there's a man waiting for her. She smiles while the guy that guided her closes the curtain, giving them privacy.

-Mrs. Cullen. - The girl shakes Mr. Jenks' hand with half a smile. Mack sits in front of him with her legs crossed. - I always meet my private clients here. It's more comfortable than the office.

-And it's more public. - Mackenzie comments with half a smile. - What type of work do you do, Mr. Jenks?

-Well... this and that, actually. It's always different, which keeps it interesting. - Mack nods, attentively listening to his words.

-Have you known Alice and Jasper long? - She asks with interest.

-I've been working with them for more than twenty years. And my late partner knew Jaspwer fifteen years before that. He's unusually well-preserved. - Mack pays attention at the man.

-Yes, he is. - She affirms with half a smile.

-I trust that Mr. Jasper is enjoying his vacation. - Mackenzie frowns by his words.

-Did he not tell you where he was going? - She asks.

-No, he just mentioned that he was leaving when he came by to place his order. - Mack, lightly, bites her lower lip while analysing her surroundings quickly.

-I assume his order is ready? - She speaks, mantaining a straight posture.

-Of course. I've never been late with a delivery. - Mr. Jenks assures.

He slides an envelope to her over the table. She starts opening  it with curiosity, realising it contains multiple passports. Mack opens them, seeing they're four. The girl starts revising who they're from.

Athena, Embry, Seth, and Leah.

Mackenzie grimaces by understanding Alice's vision. She puts the passports back into the envelope along with the rest of the documents. The girl leaves it over the table, keeping quiet.

-Is there a problem? - Mr. Jenks asks after taking a sip of his drink and seeing her expression.

-No. It's just that my husband and I thought we'd all be traveling together - Mack admits, glancing at the man.

-Jasper said only four were traveling. His instructions were very clear. - Mackenzie nods, still thinking about the passports.

-It's my mistake. Apparently, that's not going to happen. - She whispers, feeling a weight on the chest.

Mr. Jenks frowns with confusion by seeing how Mrs. Cullen's hair starts changing colour, the tips turn into a more intense red, and starts having more burgundy strands. Mackenzie, seeing his reaction, closes her eyes, trying to control herself.

-Do you want something to eat, Mrs. Cullen? - Jenks asks, ignoring what he just saw.

-Thank you, but I must go. My husband's waiting for me. - Mack clunches her fists, feeling how her hands increase their temperature.

The girl stands up, taking the envelope and putting it away inside her purse. She says goodbye to Mr. Jenks, shaking his hand before exiting the restaurant without saying anything else. Mackenzie looks up at the clouded sky of Seattle, feeling how many raindrops fall on her face, which reliefs her in a certain way.

Alice's vision was clear. Athena would have a future, but Edward and Mackenzie wouldn't be part of it.

❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎❣︎

Mackenzie lets her daughter's hand go, who immediately runs to her father's arms, who is talking to Carisle and Eleazar. The woman smiles at the scene, until turning around and head to the library, where she takes the passports out.

Mack grabs a backpack and leaves it over the table. She starts searching for paper and a pen. The girl stops on her tracks, trying to make a decision.

-I can't tell Edward about Alice's vision. Aro could read his thoughts and would know Athena will live. - The immortal whispers to herself, covering her face with her hands. - But I don't want to lie to Edward.

The woman hears how someone approaches, so she quickly grabs everything, and hides it with speed. In less than a second, she's in front of the door from where Edward appears.

-My love. - Mack smiles and approaches him to peck his lips before hugging him. Edward returns the hug with confusion. Mackenzie closes her eyes, feeling a knot in her throat. - Is something wrong? - He asks, concerned, but without pulling away.

-I just missed you. - Mack whispers, pulling away, but keeping her hands on his neck.

-I missed you, too. - Edward smiles before leaning down to kiss his wife's lips.

I'm so sorry, Edward.

Mackenzie thinks, returning her husband's kiss while attempting to forget the possibility of not watching her daughter grow up along with Edward.

Ok soooo, for my personal project at school, each person got a mentor. I got a teacher from 1st grade who also loves Rob Pattinson (because he's the subject for my project), so we're gonna be fangirling together. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY

MY HALLOWEEN PARTY IS THIS FRIDAY. WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO

Anyways, I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. Vote and comment. LOVE YOU ALL.

miche_diggory