𝟏𝟔. 𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞

The Swan twins and Jacob keep their mouths shut while making their way to the Swan house hold

The Swan twins and Jacob keep their mouths shut while making their way to the Swan house hold. Jacob's on the driver's seat while Mackenzie's beside him, and Bella on the passenger's seat, hugging her younger sister for her to get warm.

-Hundred and eight degrees over here. - Jacob speaks up by seeing how Mackenzie shakes by how cold she is.

The girl looks at her sister as if she was asking for permission. Bella nods with half a smile, and Mackenzie approaches the boy immediately to hug him by the arm, feeling how her body starts increasing its temperature.

-Thanks. It must be nice never getting cold. - Mack whispers while closing her eyes and enjoying the warmth that Jacob gives her.

-It's a wolf thing. - The Swan sisters grin by hearing his words.

-It's a Jacob thing. - Both twins say in unison, making the boy laugh.

The three of them stay quiet until being in front of the Swan residence. Jacob turns the truck off and Mackenzie decides to lift her head up from his shoulder.

-Is this better? Now that you know about me. - Jake asks after a few seconds. - But you saw what heppened to Emily. Sam got angry. Lost it for a split second... Emily was standing too close.

The Swan sister look down by imagining the scene.

-I think it's better if I get out. You guys need to talk. - Mackenzie says with the intention of exiting the truck along with her sister, but Jacob stops them.

-No, Mack. Both of you need to hear this. - The guy says firmly. - Sam'll never be able to take it back. I'm scared of losing control with any of you and hurt you.

-You won't because you're strong, Jake. You don't let your impulses control you. - Mackenzie says, making the boy laugh.

The Swan girls have intentions of getting out of the truck, but Jacob stops them, closing the door.

-Wait, there's a vampire. - Both girls get tense by hearing his words.

-How do you know? - Bella asks, confused.

-I can smell it. I'm getting you out of here. - Jacob says, turning Bella's truck on.

The Swan sisters look through the backseat mirror, realising there's a parked car, a car that both girls recognize.

-Isn't that... - Mackenzie frowns.

-That's Carlisle's car. It must be him. - Bella says before exiting the truck along with Mack.

-Guys, it's a trick. - Jacob says, getting out fo the truck while following them. - Stop! You gotta come with me.

Jake takes Bella by the arm while Mackenzie looks back at him.