𝟏𝟑. 𝐄𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

Embry parks Bella's truck in front of a house in the forest

Embry parks Bella's truck in front of a house in the forest. Both him and Jared get out at the same time.

-We should go back and see if Jacob's okay. - Bella says, rolling down the passenger's window.

Mackenize stays sat by her side, looking at the unknown house, which seems homely and calm.

-I hope Paul sinks some teeth in him. Serves him right. - Jared tells Embry, who starts shaking his head.

-No way, Jacob's a natural. You see him phase on the fly? I got five says Paul doesn't touch him. - Mackenzie looks at Embry and gets out of the truck immediately.

-I bet ten that Paul doesn't touch Jacob. - She bets firmly.

Both boys look at the girl, who crosses her arms.

-Come on in, girls. We don't bite. - Embry jokes.

-Speak for yourself. - Jared says, looking at Mackenzie before entering the house from where a freshmade-muffin smell comes out.

-About Emily, Sam's fiancé. Don't stare. It bugs Sam. - Embry warns, having the Swan sister in front of him, who nod slowly.

-Why would we stare? - Mackenzie whispers to Bella, who shrugs, not knowing what to say.

Both twins enter the house, finding Jared and Paul, who are devouring some muffins while there's a girl that's on her back.

-You guys hungry? Like I have to ask. - The girl jokes, filling a plate with muffins.

She turns around, looking at her house's entrance, finding the Swan sisters, who give her half a smile. Mackenzie smiles by seeing girl; she has a scar on a part of her face, but that doesn't take her beauty away, and much less her kind smile.

-Who're these? - Emily asks the boys, who find themselves really busy eating.

-The Swan girls. Mackenzie and Bella. - Jared explains.

-Ohh, wasn't Bella the vampire girl? - Bella bites her lower lips lightly.

-Not exactly, I think I'm now the wolf girl... just like you. - Bella says with half a smile, which Emily returns.

-Guess so. I'm engaged to one. - Emily explains while leaving a plate full of fresh-made muffins on the table. - So, now your sister the vampire girl?

Mackenzie and Bella glance at each other before the oldest of them answers.

-Yeah, something like that. - Bella says, entering the house.

Jared tries taking another muffin, but Emily stops him by taking him by the wrist.

-Hey, save some for your brothers. And ladies first. - Emily jokes, letting Jared's wrist go before looking back at the Swan sisters. - Muffin?