𝟕𝟎. 𝐈𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚

The only enemy the new marriage of the Cullen family was time

The only enemy the new marriage of the Cullen family was time. The little Athena was growing too fast, and her parents were concerened about how much time she'd be with them. But it made every moment more precious.

-Look, mommy. - Athena approaches Mackenzie. - A snowflake.

-It's beautiful, sweetie. Why don't you go get another one? - The little girl smiles cutely and turns around to try catching another snowflake. - Edward thinks we'll find answers in Brazil. There are tribes there that might know something. - Mack tells Embry and Seth, who are in their wolf form, watching over the child.

Mack smiles, watching how her daughter takes an impulse. Athena grabs a snowflake with her hands, but mother and daughter realise how a woman watches them from afar. The little girl quickly goes back down and approaches her mother, hiding behind her legs. The wolves starts growling defensively by seeing how the girl is scared.

-Who is that, mommy? - Athena takes her mom's hand.

-I think that's our cousin from Denali. - Mack says, confused by how the woman looks at them with resentment. She leaves a gentle caress on her daughter's hair, who starts having some redish hair strands. - Stay here with Seth and Embry. - The little girl nods, reassuring her mother. Athena turns around and approaches the wolves, who get by her side, starting to growl defensively. - Irina! - Mack calls, knowing the blonde girl can hear her.

Irina looks at Mackenzie and the little Athena one last time before turning around and disappear. Mack follows her, arriving at a cliff. She approaches the edge, realising the blonde girl jumped into the water.

-Damn. - The brown-haired whispers, having intentions of talking to Irina.

The girl turns around and returns to her daughter, who stayed with Seth and Embry. Athena runs to her mother when she sees her.

-Where is our cousin, mommy? - She asks innocently, facing her mom.

-I suppose she had something to do. Let's go. Your father's waiting for us. - The little Athena smiles my the mention of her dad, and extends her arms for her mom to carry her.

Mother and daughter starts walking to the Cullen house hold, followed by Seth and Embry. At the house, the little girl runs to her father, who's in the living room along with Carlisle and Esme.

-Daddy! - She calls, excited, running towards her dad.

Edward smiles when hearing his daughter, and carries her, kissing her cheek, making her laugh cutely.

-How'd it go? - He asks his wife and daughter. Athena smiles with excitement.

-I caught many snowflakes, but they didn't last much in my hands because they melted. - Mack smiles and approaches her husband to kiss his lips. - Mommy! Don't kiss Daddy! You are mine! - Athena extends her arms towards her mother for her to carry her. Mackenzie smiles and carries her daughter, who, immediately, hugs her neck. - She is mine. - She tells her father while pouting.

-Sweetheart, your mother was mine first. - Mack opens her mouth, surprised by Edward's words, and doesn't hesitate on hitting his chest.

-Hey! Don't say that in front of your daughter. - The brown-haired scolds, making her husband laugh.

-How do you think you were made, princess? It wasn't magic. Your dad had to... - Mackenzie covers Edward's mouth immediately.

-Don't you dare. - She warns. - You should stop hanging out with Emmett.

-Well, sweetie, your father had to take your mother and... - Rosalie quickly covers Emmett's mouth.

-Emmett! - The blonde girl scolds.

-How was I made, mommy? - Mack looks at her daughter, who looks at her with curiosity.

-W-Well... you were made with lots of love. - She says nervously. - No more questions, you curious little girl, because I'm not going to answer.

Athena pouts cutely with her lips. Mackenzie glares at her husband, who smiles mockingly while taking the newborn's waist. Everyone looks at the phone, which started ringing. Mack puts her daughter down, who sits in front of the piano. Edward glances at his wife before sitting beside his daughter.

Carlisle talks over the phone for a few minutes before hanging up and look at his daughter-in-law.

-Did you see Irina in the woods? - Mack crosses her arms and nods.

-Yes, but it was weird. - The brown-haired admits, feeling her husband's look on her.

-It appears Tanya convinced Irina to come reconcile with you. - Mackenzie grimaces while analysing Carlisle's words.

-It looks like she changed her mind. - Edward plays with his daughter's hair, who smiles, enjoying her father's touch.

-Seeing Seth and Embry must've been too much for her. - Esme considers, sat beside Carlisle, who left the phone on the coffee table.

-She's family. She'll come around. - He smiles before hugging his wife by the shoulders, who smiles.

They all stay silent until Edward decides to play some notes in the piano, immediately catching his little daughter and wife's attention.

Athena follows the melody, making her parents smile with pride. Edward glaces at his wife before starting to play the piano, calming the family down with the beautiful melody. Mack walks to her husband, getting behind him, placing a hand over his shoulder while stroking her daughter's hair.

 Mack walks to her husband, getting behind him, placing a hand over his shoulder while stroking her daughter's hair

My sister's coming back from her prom trip. WHYYYYYYYYY???????? I WAS HAPPY WITHOUT HER.

 WHYYYYYYYYY???????? I WAS HAPPY WITHOUT HER

For all of my Carlisle lovers <3

Anyways, I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. Vote and comment. LOVE YOU ALL.

miche_diggory