𝟓𝟓. 𝐅𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫

-I knew you'd destroy her

-I knew you'd destroy her. - Embry stops on his tracks by seeing how Edward stopped walking.

-Mack thinks Carlisle can turn her at the last minute like he did for me and Esme. - Edward turns to look at the guys.

-Can he? - Embry asks, confused.

-Most probably not. And if her heart fails... - Edward looks down, without wanting to finish the sentence. - Embry, I need you to do something for me. - The mentioned one grins sarcastically and rolls his eyes. - For her. - The werewolf immediately looks back at him. - You've known each other for years, and you have a connection that I'll never understand.

Embry nods slowly, proving the guy right.

-We've talked about it when we got here, and we do want to have the baby. But every day that passes, I see how Mackenzie dies slowly and it hurts seeing her that way. - The vampire admits, remembering the conversation he had with his wife.

-It hurts you to see her that way? Then you shouldn't have supported her since the beginning. You should have clarified what that thing does to her. - Embry says with resentment.

-She's my wife, Embry. I promised to supported her at all times and I love her. I won't leave her alone in this. - The vampire affirms.

-You say you love her, but you see the damage that that thing causes in her, but you're not doing anything to prevent it. - Edward quickly shakes his head.

-We're both aware of the damage it causes, but we wanna have it anyway. Mackenzie has always wanted a family and I won't ruin that dream for her. I will support her bceause I also wanna have a family with her. - Edward assures, starting to get mad. - The only thing I ask you is to support her. My family is arguing at this point by the pregnancy, and what Mack needs is the support of a friend. She needs your support.

The vampire walks past the werewolf, but stops on his tracks by hearing him speak.

-If she dies, it'll be your fault and I won't hesitate on killing you. - Embry warns.

Edward closes his eyes for a moment before walking towards his house. At the living room, Mackenzie rubs her belly with half a smile. She touches it two times with her index finger and, seconds later, the form of a little hand appears, making her smile with enthusiasm.

Mackenzie looks up by hearing footsteps approaching her, realising it's Embry who walks towards her at the same time as Rosalie appears.

-Rose, I'm fine. - Mack half-smiles and rubs her belly.

The blonde girl nods slowly, and turns around to exit the living room, but not before looking at Embry with resentment who just shakes his head. The guy takes his jacket off and sits in front of Mack.