Chapter 50

Skip to the day of Elle's confrontation with her parents

Elle's POV:

Kakagaling ko lang sa Ilocos and I'm right here in my room . The maid said lagi daw umaalis si Tine nung wala ako and she also said that Tine sneaks every midnight and one time she came home drunk . Wala sya ngayon dito sa bahay and I'm only waiting for my parents who's on their way home . When I heard their car I automatically go downstairs to see them . "Anak your home." Mama said and put her bag down on the sofa and hug me , my body felt suddenly felt stiff and I couldn't move . "How are you ?" She ask and I didn't answer, she sighed "I would take that as negative , let's just wait for your Dad kinukuha nya lang yung dinner natin sa car." She said "Okay" I said and go directly to the dining area and sit down . "Oh Hi sweetie " Dad said and maid beso and they both sat and took out the food "Should we talk about it over dinner ?" Tanong sa akin ni Mama "I don't think so , we don't wanna ruin the mood don't we ?" I asked and they nod "So how's your days away from the city ?" Dad ask "Good . I heard Tine has been sneaking out to the bar almost every night , what did you do?" I said "Why has she been going to the bar huh ? Is it about me ?" I ask coldly not giving them an eye contact "I told your Mama Imee to tell you that alam na namin na alam mo na yung about kay Tine right ? Sinabi naman na siguro nya sayo , When your Dad and I are talking umm we didn't know that your twin is eavesdropping and she found out sooner and that's where it started ."Mom confessed "What ? Bakit di po kayo nag ingat ?" I ask at nilapag ang tinidor na hawak ko "We didn't know 'nak we're sorry " Dad said I rub my head and look at them I sighed and think of what will happen if ever kambal and I meet and for sure it will be sooner . "What are we gonna do ? For sure she's feels ... She feels everything! I don't know how she feels like now." I said "Has she been talking to you ?" Tanong ko sa kanila and they shrug their heads "I'll talk to her later , don't worry talk only no physical." I said and continue eating . After that we sat in the leaving room and I'm waiting for them to talk "So it all started-" I cut what Mom's saying "It all started when your appointing a date for my baptism and registration in the church and then you found her and decided to adopt her and now what happened next ?" I said and roll my eyes "We decided to adopt her and arrange both of your baptism the same date . We heard that her parents are dead and we feel pity for her and so we we brought her home and your Dad and I we're just planning to be her foster parents for a while habang di pa nakakahanap ang simbahan ng mag aampon sa kanya but we saw how close the both of you to each other kaya inampon na namin sya  , di kayo mapaghiwalay dalawa at napamahal na rin sya sa pamilya natin ." Mama explained"Why did you keep is from us ?" Tanong ko sa kanila "We think it's better for the both of you ." Dad said "How will you explain that yo Tine ? Do you think she'll listen to you ?" Tanong ko sa kanila "That's why we need you to convince your sister to talk and listen to us ." Dad replied "Wait what ? We're not even okay ." I said "But you said you'll talk to her maybe makumbinsi mo syang makinig sa amin ." Mama said "And do you think she'll listen to me ? After what happened?" Tanong ko sa kanila "Just give it a try please ." Dad plead "Anak please." Mama added I sighed and nod "I'll try , but I can't promise you anything , We'll just have to wait for her to come home ." I said .

It's already midnight and she isn't home yet . "Elle I think we should go upstairs na , you're tired and you need to sleep na." Mom said I sighed and we stand up and was about to climb the stairs when someone barged in our house , in my surprise it's Tine , she looks at us one by one and her stare landed to me "Oh ! Look who we have here ! The one and only original daughter of Araneta couple!" She drunkenly while stumbling her way to us "Tine let's talk ." I said and hold her wrist "No ! I'm not gonna listen to you ! I wont listen to anyone of you !" She said crying "You made me look like a fool !" She said and sat on the floor before bursting into tears "Kambal listen to me , nothing will change . I'm still your twin okay ? Yoh should rest in your room , please listen , okay ?" I said and knelt down and lead her to her room . She cried and cried complaining about her life "I dont even know who I am anymore!" She yelled I hold her shoulders to stop her from shaking. She looked at me and smile "Natupad na yung wish mo Elle , di mo na ako kambal ." She said "That's not true Tine , you should rest. We will have a talk tomorrow." I said and fix her bed , she slammed her body on the matress and continue crying , I sighed and just listen to her complains until she finally fell asleep . I got out of the room and saw my parents waiting "Ma I think you should change her clothes, she smells like liquor I'll talk to her tomorrow." I said and walk out .