N I N E T E E N: Settling In

—-Kat POV—-

THE BIG HOUSE FELT LIKE a personal insult.

Purple is my favorite color. And now the Big House is purple. The sight made me want to turn on my heel and walk away, but I knew I couldn't have done that. I had to go through those stupid introductions, and evidently, the people who'd introduced themselves to us had been some of the people who'd betrayed Percy, Thalia, Hazel, Nico, and Jason when they'd been here, which made me hate them even more.

Well, those two, Annabeth and Zach anyway. I had heard the story of the others, and I hated whomever had caused that, but it's clear that Annabeth and Zach aren't under any kind of influence, otherwise they'd be the same.

And that felt like even more of an insult.

I suspect the same thing had happened to the campers of my time, but I'm not sure. It sure seemed like it though. I don't really care though. I didn't fit in with them. I fit in here.

I know I don't show it, but I really do care for every single member of the Omega Unit.

Especially Percy and Jacob.

That's why I push them so much. I don't want to lose any of them. I don't want them to die. I push them and they improve because of it.

If it came down to a sacrifice, I would save them all in a heartbeat.

None of them deserve the sad, boring life that is part of the Omega Unit, especially not Luke and Selina and Beckendorf, and the others who had been in Elysium, or reborn. They deserve happy lives, full of excitement and wonder. Not knowing everything and feeling like they can't do anything about their past.

They don't deserve this.

I got up and walked out the door. It's about seven in the morning, and we'd be getting a tour soon. I absently wondered if the Greeks and Romans still got along as I walked to the lounge, where I found everyone else already awake. They were sitting in silence, and everyone looked at me when I walked in. We stared at each other for a moment before I realized they were waiting for me to speak.

"So... Who's ready to eat?" I asked them. I hate having attention on me,  but I hate being told what to do. I like being in charge, but from behind the scenes.

"I am." Percy said. "But not what they'll serve here. Waffles would be awesome right now. Preferably of the blue variety."

I laughed. "Same. Come on then. Maybe we'll be in luck. Perhaps Chaos will send us some of our favorite foods from there. Or I can summon same maybe... But no blue. We don't need to be giving anything away." I turned away from their wide eyed stares. "Actually, if all they do is stare at us, then I'll just conjure up some food in here. Then we can eat whatever we want to... Whenever we want to." I put a cape on before walking out the door.

As soon as I left the cabin, I was thankful to have put a cape on. I almost walked right into, someone who seemed to have been on their way to knocking on the door.

"Hello. Piper, right?"

"Y-yes. Um, which one are you? I can't tell under the capes."

"Oh, they're all black aren't they? We'll have to personalize them somehow... I'm Stormbringer, by the way."

"Oh. Well, I was just going to offer to show you to the dining pavilion, if you like?"

The door opened behind me and the others all filed out. "Of course. If you would be so kind as to give us a tour of the whole camp after breakfast, I'm sure we'll be able to find our ways around without bothering anyone, correct?"