T H I R T Y - F I V E: There Are No Words

---Hazel---

I woke up to a scream - Thalia's scream, to be exact.

I fell out of my bed, hit my head on it when I was sitting up, then got blinded when someone opened my door and let in some very, very bright light.

I groaned as the person entered my room. Today was already off to a bad start. Whatever had made Thalia scream definitely couldn't have been a good thing.

"Hazel! Haze- are you okay?" Thalia's voice said.

I looked up at her with another groan. "Hit my head."

"Oh..." She turned red. "Was it my fault?" I nodded at her. "Sorry."

"I'll live." I muttered as I stood up. "What's wrong?"

"Kat. I... I had a dream." I looked at her worriedly. She had a faraway look in her eyes, as if she was trying to remember what had happened. "I... I was in a dark cell, and then the door opened and Kat was thrown in, and Chaos's voice floated in and he said something along the lines of 'you'll break eventually, they all do.' and then Kat said 'never'."

"And?" I prompted her.

She focused back on me. "I woke up."

"So..." I felt dread fill my heart as I spoke. "Kat's in trouble?"

Thalia nodded.

Luke's voice floated into the room suddenly. "Kat's in trouble?"

Thalia and I turned to my door, which she'd left open when she'd rushed in. Luke stood there, looking even more crestfallen and sad than usual - a look he'd adopted when we realized Kat had left. Except now he looked scared too.

"I'm afraid so." Thalia sighed. Fear overcame Luke's face. Thalia opened her arms for him to hug her. He came in and they sank to the floor together. I had forgotten that they knew each other before Luke died.

After a few minutes, he stood and helped her up.

"What can we do?" He asked. He looked a little hopeful for some reason. "If she's in trouble we need to help her."

I smiled. "You really care about her, don't you?"

Luke turned red. "I-I.. maybe..."

"Awwwweeee, he's embarrassed!" Thalia cooed. "You know, you've had thousands of years to ask her out. Why haven't you yet?"

Luke looked away. "Maybe I have."

Thalia and I gasped. "What! When?"

"What'd she say?"

"How'd it go?"

We spoke over each other a few times before quieting so he could answer.

"After the other four left for Tartarus. I finally got my courage up. She agreed, we've been on a few dates since. She's really guarded and closed off though. I think she's scared of falling in love. But.... Well, I think she's worth it. I'll wait as long as I need to. It's not like I have any shortage of time, y'know?"

"Awe!" I cooed.

At the same time Thalia said, "Well... If Chaos has retracted his blessing, it's perfectly possible... and likely, that we're mortal again."

Luke shrugged. "Death's not so bad. At least, Elysium isn't. And when you're in Elysium, you literally have all of eternity. The only difference is you can't have kids. Though, to some people that's actually pretty helpful, soooo..." He shrugged again.