P R O L O G U E

September 23, 1413

IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL DAY, especially for the beginning of fall, but not even this could cheer up one of the year round campers, a student of Hecate (better known a sorceress) named Kaitlyn Winters, Kat for short. She had multi-colored eyes and carmel brown hair with natural red and orange highlights that you just couldn't get from a stylist. It was the day before her 13th birthday, but no one, not even Chiron even looked at her.

This is not what bothered the 12-soon-to-be-13-year-old girl, for it was not unusual for her to be ignored the day before her birthday, as most campers, if they talked to her, would spoil the plans of the 'surprise' party they threw her each year. What bothered her was that the other campers had been acting like Kat didn't exist since about a week after Kat's last birthday.

Kat didn't have many friends at Camp Half-Blood, in fact she really didn't have any. But she usually she got along well with everyone, even the Ares kids, for she was the best swords woman camp had ever seen. The children of Ares were constantly trying to get her to teach them.

But not any more. She didn't know why everyone suddenly stopped acknowledging her, but she was very very lonely now. Usually she could talk and train with her father, Poseidon, but he too had recently grown distant. It couldn't possibly take so long to plan a party could it? This had certainly never happened before.

Kat was training with a warrior she had created out of water, since she couldn't train with her fellow campers anymore, when a gentle hand grasped her shoulder. Turning around, Kat noticed that Hermes was standing behind her and she fell to her knees. "My Lord Hermes!" she gasped.

"Rise child. I wish only to deliver you a warning." Hermes said. "Zeus has asked me to bring you to Olympus at 10:00 tonight. I've no idea why." he continued, once the girl stood. "He looked agitated when he told me, like he wasn't happy with something. Though Athena has been bothering him about something for a while now, and she was particularly quiet and smug today. Be ready." he finished before flashing out.

This worried Kat, for Athena absolutely HATED her (and Hermes knew this which was why he told her Kat supposed) not because she was Poseidon's first, and only, daughter, (though Kat suspected that played a huge factor) but because Kat was a jokster. Not even the Hermes kids dared try some of the pranks Kat came up with. And Kat had played a prank on Athena, trying, she claimed, to get Athena to 'lighten up'. Let's just say, it didn't work out that well. It only made Athena hate her more.

And so at 10:00, Kat was waiting on the beach for Hermes. Seconds later, he appeared, grabbed her hand, and teleported the pair of them to the throne room of the gods.

==≈≈≠≠∞∞∞∞∞∞∞≠≠≈≈==

"WHAT!!" Kat screamed. "HOW CAN YOU DO THIS?"

When she and Hermes had arrived, everyone was in complete disarray. It had taken almost an hour and a half to get everyone to calm down. Once that was done, Athena, once noticing Kat was there, had screamed, "Kaitlyn Winters, you are hereby sentenced to death for being too powerful!! You are a threat to Olympus, and therefore, we must eliminate you!!

And that is why Kat was currently screaming "WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN TOO POWERFUL? HOW CAN YOU DO THIS? ALL I'VE EVER DONE IS HELP YOU, AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME? WITH A FREAKING DEATH SENTENCE?"

"SILENCE!! THAT MEANS YOU TOO ATHENA." Zeus thundered once Kat was finished ranting. "She cannot be killed with out a vote, first off, and second, I am the one who decides how she is to be killed, should we vote for her death, so put your weapons away Athena." He sent a look full of sorrow towards Kat and anger towards Athena, who had, just seconds ago, been pointing a very large assortment of weapons at a certain demigod, for convincing most of the Olympian council that Kat was too powerful and unpredictable and needed to be killed, there for forcing everyone to be in the situation they were currently in.