Chapter 1. Mr Gorgeous

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?"

- Walt Whitman

Leaves crunching under Chay's combat boots were giving him a hard time focusing

Leaves crunching under Chay's combat boots were giving him a hard time focusing. The coldness of the night was a constant reminder that Chay would rather be at home, under his covers listening to the same five songs on repeat until he would get tired of them or watching some trashy show on Netflix. But instead, he was stuck in the dark on a Halloween night in the middle of Louisiana's woods. Perfect! if you ask him. Just wonderful!

Bullshit! Chay hated this. He had been walking for hours and he still didn't come across anyone or anything. Just how long he would have to walk. At this point, he was certain that by the end of the night he was going to lose ten kilograms and a six-pack would magically appear under his navy green t-shirt.

Owls were howling in the distance as the crescent moon showed its edges, appearing from behind dark heavy clouds. The rustling sound behind Chay was supposed to scare him like any other human, but Chay was starting to be extremely bored there and all the weird noises around him stopped bothering him a long time ago.

In the distance under the moonlight, he could see the cave luring him in, calling his name. Not yet, he thought, sharply turning his head to the right where another noise came from, but this one was different from all those before-this wasn't Mother Nature. Chay's chapped lips curved into a half-smile, "finally," he mumbled under his breath, waiting.

At first, it was only a silhouette; two legs, two arms, one head-a person. And then the person stepped into the strings of moonlight fighting their way through the army of trees, and it suddenly wasn't just a person. It was a man, a gorgeous man. It looked like walking around in a dark hostile forest for hours finally paid off for Chay.

"Hello, there...Hi, Mr?" Chay grinned, waiting for the gorgeous man to fill in the blank.

The gorgeous man was staring him up and down, his expression stone-cold, standing in the safety of a good ten meters away from Chay.

Chay tried to prompt the gorgeous man to speak, he tilted his body more into the gorgeous man's direction, his hands doing almost acrobatic movements demanding attention. Come on, I that know you can speak! Fine. "Hmmm, so I just call you Mr Gorgeous, okay?"

The gorgeous man huffed but didn't say anything, still staring at Chay with the same unchanged cold expression.

Chay shrugged and decided to shorten the distance between them; the leaves, crunching under his combat boots again.

The gorgeous man shifted a little but didn't move away, closely watching every single of Chay's steps.

"So, Mr Gorgeous," Chay started as he was only at arm's length from the gorgeous man, "can you help me? Pretty please," Chay added pouty lips to his soft pleading voice. "I got lost here. I was with my friends-you know it's Halloween so that means party time. And I somehow wandered away. I've been walking for hours." He paused for a dramatic effect... "I'm only eighteen. Look at me, poor boy aren't I? In the cold dark forest, starving, tired, and thirsty. Please, Mr Gorgeous, help me!" Chay put on his best puppy eyes he could master and watched as the stone-cold face of Mr Gorgeous...didn't move a muscle.