Chapter 21. Brother

"Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope."

- Maya Angelou

"Why is there such a big bathroom connected to your office or even better, why is there a bathroom at all?" Chay asked, zipping up his pants and grabbing his hoodie to put it back on

Kim, already fully dressed, walked up to Chay and took the hoodie from his hands before he could wear it. Kim's fingers traced over the scars that were scattered on Chay's body, some on his chest, some on his arms, all in different sizes and shapes; some barely visible and others so painful for Kim's eyes to look at for so long. He leaned down and kissed a small scar right below Chay's collarbone.

"I sometimes sleep here. Having a bathroom here is better than using those toilets downstairs."

"Ahh," Chay nodded, watching Kim slowly accept all his scars.

"They are beautiful," Kim whispered softly as if saying it louder would strain the fragility of their moment. "This one is my favourite," he gently traced his fingers on a small heart-shaped scar on the left side of Chay's ribs, "it looks like a heart."

Chay frowned, pouting a little, "it does? I've never noticed."

"It does," Kim nodded, "now I only have to come up with cute names for the rest of the scars."

"That's too much," Chay giggled, feeling happiness growing in his heart, knowing that Kim decided to look at the bright side of his scars instead of dwell on the fact of how they got there.

"Nothing is too much when it comes to my pretty mate," Kim pecked Chay's lips and helped him put on his hoodie.

"I'm not blushing, am I?" Chay mumbled to himself, for a second forgetting that his mate could definitely hear him.

"You didn't seem to blush when you were down on your knees, baby," Kim whispered into Chay's ear and took him in his arms, carrying him out of the bathroom back to the office.

Chay let out a surprised squeal, wrapping his hands around Kim's neck, "if I were you I would stop teasing me if you want me on my knees again, Kimhan."

Kim put Chay on the sofa and patted his hair, "what teasing? I never said anything."

"Though so," Chay smirked, getting comfortable on the sofa. "so, what now? Do we have to stay here the whole day until 2 am?"

"No angel. We'll go wherever you want to but I have to meet with my alcohol provider first. He should be here soon," Kim sat back in his chair and opened his laptop, checking the time and then his working schedule.

"Oh, should I go downstairs? I can hang out with the bouncers for a while, they seemed friendly."

"No chance, baby. You are staying right here. Besides, this club is now yours too. You should know what's going on."