Chapter 22. Family Reunion

"Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone — we find it with another."

- Thomas Merton

Chay clutched his phone, his body frozen

His brother knew where he was. His brother knew where he was. His brother knew where he was.

"Angel...angel...angel, talk to me!" Kim grabbed Chay's chin and raised it up so Chay would look at him.

"Angel, what's wrong?" Kim was getting really concerned now. He thought that he had calmed Chay down but this definitely didn't look like he did.

Chay snapped back from his immediate shock and showed his phone to Kim.

Oh, so that was what was happening.

Kim hated seeing his angel like that. Fear and anxiety should have been feelings that they already put behind themselves. Kim wasn't supposed to watch his mate nervously biting his lips while being on the verge of crying.

Kim more than understood Chay's fear — he could feel it flow through his veins. He wasn't about to let this fear consume his angel for too long.

If there wasn't a different option then Kim himself would talk to Chay's brother. It wouldn't be his first meeting with a hunter after all.

Kim had a backup plan in case Chay's family would find them. If the meeting with Chay's brother won't go well they would just pack their things and leave the country. It wouldn't matter that Kim would have to give up on the club, the mansion and even leave Macau, Vegas, and Pete...it would be all acceptable if it meant that he and Chay would be safe and happy together without constant fear of being hunted down by Chay's family or anyone else.

"Baby, it's okay," Kim took the phone from Chay and kissed his forehead. "Do you want to talk to your brother or should I do it?"

"What?" Chay's eyes snapped towards Kim, hands slightly shaking, "what do you mean...you...no you can't! What if he—"

"You can't talk to him like this, Chay. You are too anxious, he would think that I'm holding you here against your will or something," Kim stroked Chay's cheek with his thumb.

"But you are not," Chay whined as one tear started rolling down his cheek.

"No, shhh, angel, don't cry," Kim kissed the tear away and then connected their lips in a mellow kiss.

Chay whimpered into the kiss, his hands wrapping around Kim's neck, pressing himself impossibly close to Kim's body, desperately searching for that feeling of safety he always felt in Kim's arms.

Kim was kissing Chay softly, tenderly, almost as if Chay was about to break, and maybe he was — just not physically.

"Angel," Kim whispered on Chay's lips, "let me call your brother, please. Everything will be alright, trust me, please, please, trust me, baby."