Chapter 19. The Catalyst

"Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other."

- Rainer Maria Rilke

Chay stood at his own grave for a little longer

Quiet.

He was letting go of all the painful memories that were holding him in shackles chained to the past. He had things to do in this life; loving his mate, making sure their mansion was actually suited for living, loving his mate, catching up on everything that happened in hundred years with Macau, loving his mate, checking if Vegas was still so down bad for Pete, loving his mate, finishing all the dramas he was in the middle of watching, loving his mate...

What was the best about all those things was that he could do all of them with Kim by his side. Alright, maybe not the Macau part — Chay actually wanted to be alone with his best friend at least for a couple of hours. But other things? Everything else he was going to do with Kim.

Chay knew that no matter how much happiness he felt to be by Kim's side again, Kim's feelings were stronger than his. Not because he loved Kim less than Kim loved him — that was never and never will be the case — but because Kim lived hundred years without Chay. Kim's mate was violently taken away and kept away from him. The only thing Kimhan was addicted to was gone just like that. He couldn't see Chay, he couldn't feel him, smell him, hear him, kiss him, he couldn't feel Chay's love in every bone of his body.

The addict lost access to his drug.

Chay knew what would happen when the addict would find his way to his drug again. The addiction would escalate, it would be stronger, more violent, more obsessive.

And Kim was like that — the addict that found access to his drug again.

Good thing was that Chay didn't mind being Kim's drug. And out of all the drugs in the world, Chay was the best option, for he was good for Kim in every way possible.

Chay smiled, touching the ground where his past self laid, "goodbye, Porchay."

Still smiling, Chay skipped down the cemetery, the morning sun was slowly creeping its way from behind the heavy clouds, and Chay was excited to truly start the day now.

Walking up to the car Chay made his way to the driver's side instead of the passenger side, making Kim confused as he opened the car door, looking at Chay with a question in his eyes.

"Wha—"

Grinning, Chay got inside, sitting on Kim's lap he closed the car door.

"Baby?"

"I figured that you need some cuddles before we move on with our day," Chay said, giving Kim a quick peck on the lips.

Kim hummed softly, hugging Chay closer to him and nuzzling close to Chay's neck, feeling himself letting go of that suffocating feeling that was inside of him since they got to the grave.