Chapter 23. He Is a Great Bartender

"Love...it surrounds every being and extends slowly to embrace all that shall be."

- Khalil Gibran

Kim walked to the bar, pointing for Kinn to sit at the bar stool, "whisky?"

"Yeah," Kinn nodded, watching every fast and precise movement of his brother. "You know, Porsche is a great bartender."

Kim raised his eyes from a glass of whisky and slid it to his brother over the counter, "is he? I thought that he was a hunter."

Kinn wrapped his hands around the glass filled with golden liquid and watched as Kim leaned on the counter, one eyebrow raised in question.

"You don't get to judge me for Porsche being a hunter, especially not now when I have just found out that Porchay is back, he is Porsche's brother, and on top of that he is a hunter too."

"Chay isn't a hunter."

"What?"

"He never completed his hunter ritual, so he isn't officially a hunter. Plus, he left his hunter family behind to be with me."

"He left Porsche too," Kinn pointed out what he thought was obvious and took a sip from his whisky.

"No, he didn't," Kim said sternly and poured himself a glass of whisky too. Not that it was going to affect both of them in any way but Kinn liked the taste and Kim just needed something to hold to focus all his pent-up emotions on one thing so they wouldn't blow out of him and poison the space between him and his brother. Kim would much rather hold Chay instead but this time a cold glass of whisky, that Kim didn't even like, had to be enough.

"Your mate was the one who left him in the house alone with people he knew weren't good for Chay."

Kinn sighed, gulping down the rest of the whisky, "he was coming back for him. We both were. That's why we are here. It just never even crossed my mind that your Chay and his Chay is the same person."

"Of course, it didn't," Kim shrugged, shaking his head.

Kinn was about to protest about what Kim was implying but Kim's words beat him to it, "look, I don't want to argue with you. There's just...a lot that has happened in the last couple of days. I just got Chay back; there are a lot of emotions inside of me. And you suddenly showing up with Chay's brother as your mate just added more to the fire. So, yeah, I'm sorry if I seem on the edge or if I sound rude, it's just a lot to process now."

Kinn nodded, "I get it, but you didn't seem like that upstairs with Chay."

"You said it yourself — I was with Chay. You don't really understand yet, what it means and how it feels to have a mate, Kinn. You've barely tipped your toes into those waters. I won't go and start to explain to you things that cannot be explained. You have to feel it yourself. All I'm going to say is that I hope you'll never get to know how it feels to hold the dead body of your mate in your arms and not be able to do anything about it no matter how much you want it."