Letter #23 - Salt & Light

Every Christians should be the light and salt of the world. As what Jesus Christ said His Word, "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. "You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." ~ Matthew 5:13-16

Jesus Christ wanted you to understand more about this verse. Many people who are in the dark and looses its saltiness longing to become one. Many people who are in the dark and they need someone guided to become the salt and light of the world. But there are also who claimed that they're Christians but didn't show their way to be the salt and light of the world.

This all means that there are people wanted to know God, seeking God, and they needed someone to be introduced by God and it should be the Christians, a committed Christians who totally served God in his or her life. There are people who didn't long God but they needed to know God, they must know God, His Word so that they would not end up in hell. There are also people who knows God, know His word, but didn't used it, didn't apply His Word.

As Christians, he or she should show to the world the salt and light that a person has. You must not hide your light and you must not loose being a salt to the people who looses it. Even from showing kindness and love with the person who hates you, this still is considered that you are showing it. By saying the name of the LORD and letting them know that you glorify Him, they might have the hearts that longs to God and soon glorify Him.

Don't be afraid to show it. Do it for His glory not for the people.