Letter #27 - Deny Yourself

As what the Holy Word said, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." ~ Galatians 2:20. You have committed to follow Jesus Christ and as Christians you are not already on your own but you are with God already.

God changed your life, as it said in the Holy Word, "This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17 God wants you to understand this that what's is in your past are already gone because you have faith in God and that you accept Jesus Christ as your LORD and Personal Savior. You are a new belonging of God and you must not go back from who you are in the past.

As Christians, you must deny yourself for what the flesh wants. Jesus said, "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." ~ Matthew 26:41 The flesh is used for temptation by the evil. It tries to tempt you with certain acts that you do for the LORD. But always remember to deny yourself that no matter how tired you are, you still glorify God.

As it said in the Holy Word, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters..." ~ Colossians 3:23. You live in the world not for human masters but for the LORD, you are not serving for the sake of the people or anyone, but you are serving for the sake of the LORD. Even from the smallest or biggest might you do for the people, you do it for the LORD because you want Him to be glorified as you do something for the LORD.

So, deny yourself even the flesh is weak, take for example, you don't want to preach the Word of God because you are afraid of the people what might they think of you, but you are not there to serve and glorify people, you are there to preach the Word of God because you serve and glorify God. You are no longer yourselves, you are in a new life, being born again, because you decide to follow Jesus Christ and accept Him as your LORD and Personal Savior. Deny yourself, take the cross, and follow Jesus.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."
~ Matthew 16:24