Letter #28 - Carry The Cross & Follow Me

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."
~ Matthew 16:24

This was mentioned from the previous letters and God wants to expand it for you. This Holy Word must really be a reminder to you and to fellow brothers and sisters followers of Christ or in short Christians. It is important for Christians to be reminded with this so that they may not become a lost sheep, you will not again become a lost sheep.

You see, sheep needs the shepherd so that they will be protected, guided, and not to be lost. They're protected so that when the wolf attack the sheep they would be eaten because the shepherd is there to take care. This aligns with this verse. You must follow Christ as you carry the cross. The cross that we carry as we follow Jesus Christ is a way that we are part of Christ sufferings. This means that whatever burden the World is giving you, still always remain your faithfulness to Him.

Because the sufferings that you have carried on as you follow Jesus Christ is not worthless. As said in the Holy Word, "... They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels." ~ Revelation 3:4-5 as you follow Christ heartily with desires, devotedly, faithfully and committed then God will do that to you, to everyone who carry the cross and follow Jesus Christ.

There's more than these things that God will do to you and give something from you as you carry the cross and follow Jesus Christ. You will recieve amazing gifts from God that no one can ever do that to you in this world. So, by following God is worthy not worthless.