3

WAITING FOR SADIQ
CHAPTER THREE

Applying the red lipstick and smacking her lips as she stare at her reflection in the mirror khadijah sigh in satisfaction at how she looks,
Her junior sister who's sitting on the bed just watch in amusement, for khairat she believes her elder sister is blinded by sadiq love to see that he doesn't even regards her as anything, 5days ago khairat introduction and wedding date was fixed, which is 2months from December, by February ending, despite there elder brother strict about khadijah to get a spouse, she is is still persistent about sadiq coming by end of the year, yesterday khadijah break the good news to them about sadiq coming today in the evening, all there mum say was Allah ya kaimu, because hajiya halima believe khadijah will rather be disappointed by the sadiq guy.

"Have you finish frying the samosa that i ask you to?"khadijah say turning her gaze to her sister and khairat nod.

"How do i look?"khadijah ask and her sister nod with a smile.

"Beautiful like sadiq bride."khairat say and for some reason that sentence upset khadijah.

"Because I'm your mate right,
You think just because you are getting married we are now mate, I'm not..........

"Sorry ya Nanah."khairat say and khadijah glare at her as she glance at her ringing phone and point the bedroom door to her junior sister.

"Out."she say sand khairat quietly leave the bedroom mumbling to herself about her elder sister mood swings.

With a heavy sigh Khadijah grab the ringing phone with a smile and sit on the bed before swiping the answer bottom pressing it to her ear.

"Hello."khadijah say as she glance at her reflection in the mirror with a smile.

The smile on her face slowly fade and been replace by a disappointing scold as she listen to whatever the person on the other lone is saying to her.

"But sadiq why are you telling me this now?
I already told my mum and elder brother you will be coming today,
This is unfair."khadijah say as she try to blink away the tears threatening to leave her eyes.

"Then why lieing to me and giving me a high hope, I cooked and..........
Bye.."khadijah say and end the call with a hiss as she stare at her angry reflection in the mirror.

When sadiq called her yesterday and said he was in town and will come visit her today she thought he was genuinely saying the truth, she still cannot believe why she believe sadiq will show up in the first place, she find herself breaking down, she stand up and close her bedroom door with the lock and lay on the carpeted bedroom floor crying,
what else sadiq wants with her?
She have love only him since they met, she is loyal even now that he's treating her badly,
She has been waiting for a long period of time but all sadiq does is causes her pain.

**************************

"Je ki Kira mun Nanah." Hajiya Halima say and khairat sigh.

"Mummy i honestly don't want Yaya Nanah problem especially now that her sadiq didn't show up, just leave her anytime she comes out of the bedroom."khairat say as she take a spoonful of the nutritious looking garri with milk.

"How long will she locked herself in there, drop that nonsense and go call her for me, it's past 8pm already."hajiya halima scold and khairat drop the bowl and stand up grumbling to herself about how tired of the house she is.

Staring at outside through her bedroom window khadijah wonder how her life would have been without sadiq, sometimes love makes us do things we don't want to, she never thought she will love someone so deeply only for them to cause nothing but agonizing pain for her,
Sadiq is like a curse, one that she hope someday she will get that love they once share back again, they where so happy, khadijah wonder what happened that changes everything in there life.

"Yaya Nanah."the familiar voice knock on the bedroom door making khadijah to turn with a sigh.

She walk to the door and open jt..

"Mummy is calling you."khairat say quickly as she glance at her elder sister, sunken eyes with heavy eyebags.

"I'm coming."khadijah say and khairat nod leaving bedroom.

With a heavy sigh khadijah grab the red veil and exit the bedroom, she hope her mum won't bring up sadiq disappointment topic because that will just upset her the more

"Sallamu'alaikum."khadijah say as hajiya halima look at her daughter pitifully.

"Nanah."hajiya halima call with a weak smile.
"You haven't eaten."she say and khadijah sigh, food is the least of her problems right now.

"I'm not hungry mama."khadijah say and her mum shake her head.

"Is he not coming again?"hajiya halima can't help but ask.

"He said next week Friday.'"khadijah say and her mum nod.

"Allah ya kaimu"
May Allah choose what's best for you."hajiya halima say and khadijah mutter Ameen.

For hajiya halima she just pray and hope her daughter will realise that this sadiq guy is not the right man for her, she's not a strict mother, usually her relationship with her children is more of a friendship, so tackle such sensitive issue with Khadijah seems difficult than she expected.

"Khairat excuse us,
I want to speak with your sister."Hajiya Halima say and khadijah mentally sigh already knowing the conversation that this is about, khairat leave with her bowl of garri and hajiya halima turn her gaze to khadijah who's staring blankly at the television screen.

"Nanah."Hajiya Halima call and khadijah humm in response.

"How long are you going to understand that this boy doesn't love you as much as you do, the feeling isn't mutual,
I understand that you are in love but don't be stupid in love, at the end of the even if you marry this boy he will not treat you the way you want,
Nanah is ok to let go, everyone at some point have to let go, a............

"Mummy."khadijah interrupt and her mum sigh.
"I just want you to please stop worrying about me,
I love sadiq and he love me to,
Do you think there's any man i will marry better than him?
I don't care just let me be please,
I will keep "waiting for sadiq" for as long as he is alive.
We will be together,
I'm just 25 but you keep talking as do I'm 30,
I don't want to marry anybody or is it wrong to wait for the person i love."khadijah say upset and storm out of the parlour in frustration.