22

WAITING FOR SADIQ
CHAPTER 22

2MONTHS LATER

"Nanah,
What are you trying to prove?
You want to start another waiting game?
I know this guy has done alot for you but, Nanah you don't even know when he's going to get well,
What if that feeling isn't there anymore,
What if he decided to move on when he gets well
Have you thought about all that?"jidderh say as they exit the hospital building.

"Jidderh,
I love abubakar, I know things weren't very smooth when he left but we are working on our relationship,
We speak everyday atleast 3 to 4 times and we even do video calls,
It's a healthy relationship atleast "khadijah say and jidderh shrug as they climb the car.

"I'm just worried for you,
Most of the time this waiting thing not everyone is lucky."jidderh say and Nanah sigh.

"Please jidderh i don't want to believe or think that abubakar will do what sadiq did to me,
Abubakar really do love me,
I'm ready to gamble this year again."khadijah say and jidderh nod.

WAITING" a word khadijah want to believe this time around everything will be different, since abubakar left the country he barely call even if she call he answer the conversation is usually a short one, telling jidderh he do call everyday is a big fat lie because she doesn't want jidderh to be worried, she believe abubakar is still upset with her but with time he will come around, yesterday she called him and lucky enough he picked, they spoke and he told her today is his second surgery and that she should pray for him, which she did, personally waking up midnight and pray to the almighty to make abubakar back on his feet.

"Are you coming tomorrow?"jidderh ask Nanah once they take the route to her house and Nanah shrug.

"If i close early from work,
When is mujahid coming back?"Nanah ask and jidderh release a heavy breathe.

"I don't know nanah,
When we spoke yesterday he told me he want to round up some things and that his wife is sick or something."jidderh say and Nanah nod not wanting to prolong the conversation.

Once jidderh drop her off at the gate she bid her goodbye once again and enter the house with a tiring sigh.

********************
Abubakar POV

"Be optimistic baba-na,
Insha Allah this one will work."my mum say and i shake my head.

This is the most crucial moment in my life, this past two months i had 2 surgeries which all failed, I'm worried and scared that if this didn't work I will be left with no choice than my leg getting amputate, the fact that the broken bones have started ditoriating  doesn't help my insecure, every single day khadijah call, but it's as if the more she try to get into my life the more upset i become,
I don't want to blame her for the misfortunate going on in my life but I can't, had it been she was nice,
Had it been she did everything differently all this wouldn't have happened.

"Your phone is Ringing."my mum say handing it to me and I'm not suprise to see her name on the screen.

She's becoming so damn persistent that she can't understand the fact that I'm not in a mood or state to deal with relationship or Anything of that nature, she saying she want to wait for me it's her choice because at this point I'm not sure if I'm okay i will like to even see her because she do just remind me of my horrible past.