40

WAITING FOR SADIQ
CHAPTER 40

NANAH'S POV

A week ago when i went with my mother in-law to Fatima's house with the lefe i know instantly that I'm gradually Lossing my marriage,
The lefe is far better than mine there's even a car gift and an additional 100k with a brand new phone but that's not what bothers me the most because i can purchase all that with money if i want, it's the fact that my mother in-law keeps saying the mother of her grand children blah blah blah, indirectly telling the entire world I'm not capable of giving birth, it's so hurtful that i couldn't stay long i left and cry alone in my car,
I know at this point I'm the only person that can save my marriage from crumbling down.

"Nanah."the familiar voice call and i look up.

"Please help me do this test with this sample, my husband just called me to pick our son from school that he's stuck in traffic."my colleague hajara say and i nod.

She drop the blood with the white sheet of paper and leave, I sigh and continue sitting thinking about my life, I think about my life before marriage, to when i met Abu, down to how our marriage is now, I don't know how long i have been sitting but my thought is interrupted by the knock on the door, I quickly stand up and open the door.

"Ehmm.....the familiar face pause and look up.
Nanah."sadiq call and i nod staring at him,
The most intriguing thing is the camouflage uniform he's wearing.

"You still work here?"he ask and i nod with a shrug.

"What do you want?"I ask not really interested in starting Any conversation with him.

"Uhmmm my test result the doctor said it's not been forwarded to him so i come to ask."he explain giving me his usual creepy look.

"Sorry,
What's the name again?"I ask and he give me a confuse look.

"Uhmmmm,
Sadiq Umar."he say and i nod.

"Your test result will be ready in 30minutes sorry for the delay."I say and shut the door with a sigh.

I grab the sample from the table where hajara left it earlier and look.

After exhausting 20minutes the result is ready and I let him know i have forwarded his result,
I glance at the wall clock and my shift will soon be over, Abu texted me earlier that he will like to eat okra soup so i need to leave early, as if reading my mind the distorted lady walk inside the lab making me to chuckle.

"Hah,
Nanah thank you for not leaving,
God honestly work and marriage can be hectic, plus children again."hajara say and i chuckle.

I arrange my stuffs and bid her goodbye before leaving, I quietly walk to the staff parking lot and sigh in relief after sitting in my car.
I turn on the ignition but it fail making me to sigh, I suspected that this morning i honestly don't know why i still come with the car, I remove my phone from my handbag and it's shut down making me to sigh,
I come down from the car and head back inside the hospital so i can power the phone, hopefully hajara come with her charger.

"Sorry."I say colliding into someone.

"Nanah."sadiq voice call and i sigh tiredly before looking up.