16

WAITING FOR SADIQ
CHAPTER 16

Looking worriedly at the wall clock hajiya Halima dial her daughter's contact for the 100th time but it's not going through, she sigh and pace in the parlour wondering where Nanah would be at this odd hour of the night, it's past 11pm, the last time they spoke she told her the photoshoot is over and she will soon be home, the parlour door open and she look up.

"Ummah isn't she picking the call?"Khalil ask his mum as he close the door shut.

"Khalil her contact is not going,
Since around 8pm she say she's coming it's few minutes to 12."hajiya halima say as khalil dial his junior sister number but it didn't go through.

"Did you call the girl she left with?"khalil ask and Hajiya Halima nod.

"I did khalil, she said she offered to drop Nanah home but Nanah decline, I even called jidderh she said Nanah is not with her."Hajiya Halima say and khalil sigh.

"Toh.....did you call that sadiq guy?"he ask and Hajiya Halima shake he head.

"Nanah won't go to sadiq place,
I know my daughter very well,
I'm having this uneasy feeling khalil,
I hope Nanah is ok."hajiya halima say and khalil ask her to calm down.

"You cannot leave me her clueless,
I'm coming with you."hajiya halima say and khalil sigh.

"Ummah just rest,
I will check the few hospital and make some calls to see if anyone knows anything, just keep trying her contact."Khalil say but his mum refuse, after alot more pressure hajiya halima agreed to stay home but I'm a strict condition khalil will call her to keep I'm touch on whatever is going on, once khalil leave she grab the VC prayer mat and decide to do some nafl.

**********************
Abubakar POV

I am really a morning person but today i just wake up soo tired and upset, I'm moody and extra grumpy,
Maybe it has to do with the conversation between me and Nana yesterday night, it keeps ringing in my ear, she left yesterday night and even when i drive out and offered a lift she declined which I'm not suprise, i had a long night, I couldn't sleep, I asked ramlat if she dropped Nanah home but she said Nanah decline saying she's not heading home,
Hearing Nanah saying she love me and all the emotions on her face just make me realise how much in love i am, I push all the thought and decide to get ready for work, I am going to have a long day today, I spend the next one hour getting ready and once I'm done i head to greet my mum in the main building.

"Bata Zo nan ba,
Ni rabuwa na da ganin Nanah ina ganin tun ranar da ta kawo mun zannuwan nan dai."my mum voice say as the front door open making me to stand on the porch.

"Good morning."I greet the familiar woman suprise by seeing her this early hour of the day.

"Morning Abubakar."she say as Nanah elder brother exit from the parlour, we exchange a handshake as i look confuse between them desperately wanting to know what's going on, especially with the look on there faces.

"Baba-na yesterday did Nanah joined you two at the photoshoot?"my mum ask and i nod.

"Yes, yes, what happened?
Is she alright?"I say and my mum start giving me a long explanation of how Nanah never got home last night making me to Furrow my brow in confusion.

"But.....
How's that possible?
Did you try her contact ?"I ask quick removing my phone from my pocket and scroll through my contact list.

"We did,
It's not going through since yesterday,
We've checked almost all the hospital's in this town just in case accident or something,
We just filed a missing person report this morning at the station and decide to check here maybe she's here or we will get any solid information about her."her elder brother explain and I sigh dialing the contact but as they said it's not available.

"How's that....
Then where could she be?"I say and her mum shake her head with a sigh the worried and helpless look on her face just break my heart.

"Nanah can never sleep else where, she always come back home regardless how long she stays out,
We've called all the family relatives and friends, nobody heard or see her."her mum say and release a heavy breathe.

"Thank you soo much,
We will take our leave now,
There are few place we still want to check and see if we can find something, we've even put her pictures on social media just incase."her brother say and my mum nod.

"I will come with you two,
And see if i can help, we can contact other hospitals and clinics let's see."I say and her brother shrug.

I bid goodbye with my mum and decide to go with nanahs mum and brother, through out the drive her mum keeps making calls after calls, I also call some of the hospital's around town as we check some for any significant information about Nanah, but the more we search the clueless and helpless every effort seems, the whole day gone wasted without a solid information about Nanah, it's like she disappeared out of the universe.
as Maghrib approach and nanahs elder brother dropped me off at home, I can't help but wonder where Nanah could be, could anything be different if i had went after her that night,