13

WAITING FOR SADIQ
CHAPTER 13

2weeks passed since what transpire between khadijah and abubakar,
She feel so guilty, she feel sorry and above all she couldn't stop thinking about him, she was getting used to the annoying messages he do always sent to her every single day even do she doesn't reply back, all that stop since that night,
2days ago her mum told her he came and she was in her bedroom, he left before she even come out to say hi,
It's an odd sensual feeling,
That feeling where you think everything would revolve around you, the feeling of believing you mean soo much to someone and they couldn't live without you and only for them to walk out of your life a single day.

"Nanah."hajiya halima call opening the bedroom door, even she noticed the odd behavior of her daughter but she couldn't place a finger on what actually is disturbing her.

"Come and take this fabrics for me this delivery guy is at it again."hajiya halima say and khadijah Stand up Making her mum to give her a certain look.

"Nanah is everything ok?"hajiya halima ask, she do know if it was before Nanah will throw tantrums before going, this is unlike her daughter,khadijah nod with a weak smile and grab the blue hijab hanging on the door as she and her mum exit the bedroom.

"Where am i taking it to?"khadijah ask and her mum grab the nylon.

"It's abubakar house,
I know you two don't get along like that, but please hurry, they need it this Evening."her mum say and khadijah nod before grabbing the big heavy nylon with a sigh.

"Baba nah, kaga wanan kuwa,
It look good right?"his mum ask and he look up from his laptop screen from where he's sitting on the dinning table.

"Yes mum,
They are all good."abubakar say trying to concentrate on what he's reading.

His wedding date have been fixed which is just a month a way, that night after what khadijah did to him he decide to just move on with his life, he's in love but he would never accept disrespect, Nanah doesn't only have attitude, she is disrespectful and doesn't have a single regard for people's emotions which is something he doesn't like, even do his mind sometimes randomly wander back to her, he's learn to let go and put everything behind that's why he told his mum he's ready to settle down and she introduced him to one of her friends daughter Ramlat, he's pleased with her because she's nice and respectful, he believes she will be a good wife material.

"Baba na what about the event,
You didn't say anything,
Or you don't want anything?"his mum ask and he shrug.

"Mummy any how you want it,
I.......

"Sallamu'alaikum."A familiar voice say Making him to quickly look up to the door.

"Wslm,
Ohhh Nanah,
Come in."his mum say and khadijah walk in, her eyes dart to the dinning table and she gulp down the saliva on her mouth.

Abubakar doesn't want to stare, he doesn't want to even look at khadijah, so he just try to concentrate on what he's doing.

"Good afternoon."khadijah greet sitting on the carpeted floor next to abubakar mum who have a bunch of clothes and fabrics surrounding her.

"Afternoon Nanah,
How's your mum?"she ask and khadijah nod muttering fine, as she drop the fabrics nylon in front of sadiq mum.

"Nanah you can help yourself with water in the kitchen,
I'm a bit occupied,
Abubakar's wedding is fast approaching and it's just me."the middle age lady say and khadijah feel her heart drop she glance at abubakar but he just seem to be engross in work than what is even going on.

"Ohh."is the only word khadijah could make.

"This are really good,
Which one do you think will be good,
You know you young ladies knows the trending things better."abubakar mum say and khadijah look down at the fabrics.

"They are all good ma,am."khadijah say, she just want to be home, inside her bedroom, curl inside the duvet on her bed and be alone.

"Okay,
Then i will take all 15 then,
Tell your mum i will make the transfer tomorrow morning."abubakar mum say and khadijah nod.

"Abubakar didn't you see Nanah?"his mum say and he look up from his laptop screen.

"Good evening."khadijah greet and he look at her puzzle, he's speechless and lost of word so he just turn his attention back to the laptop screen.

Khadija feel as do she want to cry, she's upset, angry, annoyed , and any other distorting emotion.

"Ummah lete get going."khadijah say and Abubakar mum look up.

"Okay,
Baba nah i thought you mention going to the mall this evening,
Aren't you going again,
So you can drop off Nanah at home or by the road you know how scarce taxi are in this area."his mum say and he shake his head.

"I thought the driver is around,
He should take her I'm a little bit busy Gaskiya."abubakar say not looking up as khadijah just stare at him.

"Ummah is fine,
I will be ok."khadijah say and stand up, she say goodbye once again and quickly saunter to the door even tripping on her steps do to how blurry her vision is becoming.

Abubakar release a deep breathe with a facepalm, he feel so tired of every, he shut the laptop and decide he just need some fresh air, seeing khadijah today just make him realises how much he really do like her but he just cannot be with her anymore, that interest of Making her his wife is suddenly not there, she's his past and he just need to focus in the present.
Beside she make it clear she doesn't like him but there's just something about her today that he find odd and unlike her, he push all thought of Nanah aside and leave the parlour.

***************************

"Ummah,
Mummy!!"khairat can there mum as she quickly drop her daughter and follow her elder sister to the bedroom.

"Ya Nanah."khairat say kneeling next to bed to her sister who's crying profusely to the point of Lossing her breathe.

"Mummy!"khairat yell as she look inside the handbag for her elder sister inhaler but it isn't there.

"What happened to her?
Nanah,
What happened?"Hajiya Halima say confuse as she try to support her daughter who's gasping for air.

"Go to my bedroom and check the drawer inside the wardrobe there's another inhaler there."hajiya halima say as she stare worriedly at khadijah.

"Sorry."she say trying to calm her as khairat come back with the inhaler.

"What happened to her?
Where did she go to?"khairat bombarded the question as her mum help khadijah with the inhaler.

"She took the fabrics to abubakar mum,
Wonder where she went or what happened,
Thank God She's home before this happen,
Sorry nana."her mum say as her breathing start to stable.

Once she's ok, she decide she just want to be alone leaving her mum and sister with no choice than to let her be, that evening khadijah cry, she doesn't know why exactly she's crying or why she's upset but she just feel the need to do so.