29

WAITING FOR SADIQ
CHAPTER 29

Nanah's POV

When I make the decision of calling off my wedding with sadiq i felt guilty especially for the fact that the wedding is just a few weeks ago, it made me realise how much sacrifices Abubakar has made just to prove his love for me,
Sadiq felt bad but at thesame time he told me he deserve it and wish me luck, he left the country saying he want to start afresh and seek some redemption,
Suprised enough when our genotype results comes back we were both AS perhaps we weren't meant for each other anyway.
My wedding was fixed with abubakar we both don't want a big wedding so it's just the nikah and a wedding dinner,
It's 3days to my nikah I'm still deliberating on wether or not to tell abubakar about what happened between me and sadiq, I
Am so confuse some men take this virginity of a thing to personal,
I pick my phone from the bed and dial abubakar contact, he hasn't been picking my calls since yesterday and has been acting weird since we last met, he told me he's just nervous about the wedding that's why,
I want to believe him but i am sure something isn't right, after the last ring i drop it with a sigh on the bed.

"God please nothing should come up again, I'm getting old at home and tired of waiting." I mutter before laying down on the bed.

In the next 3days I will be Mrs abubakar, I will be laying on my matrimonial bed with my husband, it sound really good indeed, I slept off and wake up by evening i grab my phone from the bed and see a message from abubakar that gat my heart flipping.

"Nanah I'm not sure i can do this"
Ab***

I reread the message like 10times before sighing and dial his contact,
It ring and end without him picking making me to massage my forehead.

"Abu what is it?
You've tolerated me enough if there's something you want to share with me tell me i promise to be supportive of you,
If  you called off this wedding i will never forgive you.

I type randomly words and send to him, I glance at the wall clock that show's 4:30pm and sigh.
I need to pray, I wait for a while and Abu didn't reply so i head to the bathroom to do my business and pray.

*********************

Laying on the bed staring at the rotating ceiling fan of his bedroom abubakar sigh, had it been he found out about this earlier he would have let Nanah married,
He feel all the excitement about the wedding gone, he just want to be alone now and maybe forever.

"Baba-nah"his mum call opening the bedroom door and he glance at her.

She sit on the edge of the bed and touch his forehead giving him a confuse look.

"What is it?
Did you and Nanah quarrel again?"she ask, since he send Nanah the text message about how he don't think he can continue with the wedding preparations the two have been quarrelling for the past two days, tomorrow is the nikah and abubakar is afraid of the consequences of what will happened after that.

"No,
I'm just thinking."he say with a sigh and sit upright,
He's not one that share his personal life with anyone so he just lie to her that he's nervous about been a married man and having to take responsibility that's why.
His mum give him a long talk about marriage life, patience, tolerance, endurance and any other thing that sustained a marriage.
Even do he find himself a little confidence but he know very well his problem is far bigger than all this Petty words his mum is calling.

*******************
Abubakar POV

If it's before i would be excited about this night, this morning at exactly 10:55am i was married to the girl of my dream but for some reason I'm not happy, I'm rather worried and not looking forward to even see her, through out the wedding dinner she try making conversation and asking me what is it that upset me but i just ignore her and keep faking up the unnecessary smiles and try not to think deep about things.

It's 1:25am as i exit my car and look around the quiet house my heart flip,
The idea of Nanah sitting in that bedroom waiting for me as my wife send this uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach, I release a deep calming breathe and grab the few things I bought for her,
She send me a text earlier after the dinner that she's hungry but didn't have time to eat, sure i care about Nanah,
I have never love a girl so deeply like the girl waiting for me upstairs, I have always dreaded for this day since the day i first set my eyes on her but then all that excitement has been quenched, replace by an anguish that suffocate me each time i remember.

I walk to the front porch and open the door, I walk upstairs and stand in front of the bedroom, I reach to grab the handle but stop myself,
I sigh and use all the courage inside of me and push the door open.

She is sitting as i have expected,t he only difference is that she's wearing a white transparent lingerie.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting?"I say averting my eyes from her and she humm in response staring at me.

"You've always keep me waiting and i have always wait for you."she say, I drop the white eatry nylon on the edge of the bed and look up at her.

She have her gaze pin on me, I know there are many questions running inside her head but unfortunately even i myself don't have answer for it.

"Here is the food."i say and turn to leave the room.

"Abu why are you doing all this?
What's going on?
Can you atleast enlighten me what I did to you that is wrong?"she say and i didn't turn back i just quietly exit the bedroom.

"I don't want your stupid food."I heard her say before i close the door with a sigh.

I sigh and press my ear to the door and all i can hear is my wife crying,
I want to go inside and apologize and console her but rather i find myself walk away from the bedroom and head to my own bedroom to wallow alone in my own sorrow.

❤️❤️❤️A book written by Autan-mama books collection❤️❤️